Trying to lose that last ten pounds

Options
Hi there!

I'm trying to lose ten pounds to fit into a wedding dress I already bought! Oh no! I was five pounds thinner when I tried it on, and it was a bit snug, but such a good deal that I decided I would get it anyway and lose the weight to fit into it. Instead, I gained weight, with only two months to go. I now have to buckle down, get serious, and really count calories so that I don't show up to my wedding without a dress. Oh no!

Cheers,

R

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! The last 10 lbs are a little bit more tricky but you will get there. I'm also on my last 10 lbs and I have been tweaking my calories and exercise. I raised my calories from 1200 to 1380 and believe it or not, starting losing again. I also exercise with more intensity than before because it takes more to raise my heartrate now and that seems to be helping too. Good luck to you:)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Strength training is your friend!! [:
  • melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    You can do it! When you do, please post a pic of yourself in the dress!!
  • tamfielder
    Options
    I did something similar several years ago with my wedding dress... and what worked for me was to cut out carbs completely (just lean chicken, fish and veggies, and never over 1300 calories). I lost weight very quickly, so it was successful, but I GAINED that weight back even faster on my honeymoon. Two months should be enough time to do it smarter with a more balanced diet and exercise. I had less time, didn't step up the exercise... and I "let go" on our honeymoon. Good luck, and congratulations!
  • Bonesaws
    Bonesaws Posts: 1
    Options
    Bonesaw is ready to kick those 10lbs off of you.