Hello from Southern California

botar927
botar927 Posts: 1
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. A little about myself. I am 34 years old and married to a wonderful man and I have two beautiful step-daughters. I am a full time college student and will be taking my last class in November. I am majoring in business admin.
Now to the reason I am here. A year and a half ago, I had to have an er hysterectomy due to fibroids twisting my uterus and growing into one of my fallopian tubes. Six months later, I was still in a lot of pain. During this whole time, it was hard for me to do much or any excercising. I went in for another surgery to discover the pain is from my ovaries that fused to my bladder and intestines. Although surgery would be way to risky, my ob doctor put me on a medication to take every night to help with the pain. I have gained amost 40 lbs during the past two years. Now I am having a very hard time tring to keep the weight off. My new medication I am on causes weight gain and although I eat healthy and are strarting to get back in the routine of exercising, its not working the way I hoped. I am hoping I will find a lot of success on this website.

Replies

• RoseVernon
    RoseVernon Posts: 88
    Wow! It breaks my heart to hear of your hysterectomy. I'm so glad you're not letting that get you down but are determined to get healthy anyway.

I'm from Central Cali...feel free to add me as your friend. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Wow, so is surgery out of question at this time, or forever? It must be so frustrating having the meds working against you. I wish you the best of luck! Feel free to add me. I'm in socal too. :)
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Dang, girl! I am in the same boat with all those issues. I just had surgery in November....still have some pain during ovulation and period but not nearly as bad as it was.

Hope you find success here!
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Welcome! I was in SoCal until about four years ago when we returned to Ohio. If all goes well my husband and I will be making out first visit back (as a couple) since leaving and I 'm having a really hard time not thinking about all the amazing food I want to eat while we're there. (Do you have any idea what passes for Mexican food in Ohio?!?!?!?!)

Sounds like you've been through the wringer but you've got your head on straight and that will carry you far!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    I'm in L.A. Feel free to add me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,317 Member
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: You can do this! You've had some setbacks, but now you are on the mend. Good luck to you.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that but anyway never lose hope and I salute you for your determination despite all what you have been going through. I'm not from California but I have relatives in San Diego area but they are just a few mins away from Tijuana, Mexico.
  • melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Sorry to hear about your surgery :(

This is a great place of support, even when you don't feel like logging in just do it. I found that when I stayed away I got of course. Stay encouraged...you will meetr your goal!!
This discussion has been closed.