Was I not supposed to lose weight?

Options
My goal here is to lose weight. I don't remember how I calculated this, but I got the number 1,505 for my calorie intake (I'm 5"4', 156lbs). I recently used a MFP calorie calculator and it said I should be consuming 1,438 to lose weight. I lost 1.2lbs last week. Is my body wrong or are my numbers wrong, because I know your body can fluctuate.

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight, then yes, you're in a deficit. If you're not getting hungry a lot and you're eating back your exercise calories, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're concerned, you can try entering your stats in several online calculators and average them.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @maplesyrup10 as dubird pointed out you are fine. These numbers are guesses that are programmed based on info you entered. The bathroom scales will give us the NET results of our eating and moving. :)

Keep up the good work
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Maplesyrup10.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    All the online tools can do is give you a rough idea, enough to get you in the ballpark. The important thing is your results. If you're losing weight at a rate that suits you and you feel good, you're eating a suitable amount. The numbers are useful only to let you get used to a consistent new level of eating (taking into account whatever exercise you're doing). The odds that you're counting exactly right aren't good! But if you're counting in a consistent way day after day, then you have the information you need to make appropriate plans for today and tomorrow. Whatever works for you! And congratulations on your success.
  • RNZLR44
    RNZLR44 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @maplesyrup10 1-2 lbs a week is healthy so you're doing fine. If you want to lose more, burn more calories through exercise and don't eat to make up for the lost calories. I hope this helps!