Struggling to lose last 9 pounds

Options
Ellasmommy1971
Ellasmommy1971 Posts: 17 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
c1ack8yk20wb.jpg
swyx90jawl6n.jpg
Hi everyone, I am struggling to get my last 9 pounds gone. I was 280 and now I am 139 and my goal is 130. My original goal was 150 but for my height, 5"5, a realistic goal for me is 130. I follow MFP faithfully and I work out minimum 5 days a week. I do weight training every second day. Wondering how I can lose these last 9 pounds if anyone has any advise. thank you.

Replies

• Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I'm not as close to my goal as you are, but I've seen this topic so much, that the last few pounds are the hardest to lose and can take a few months! Just keep at it, it can take time, you have achieved so much such an inspiration!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Beautiful transformation! I hear the last few pounds are very vexing. You've worked so hard for so long. I, personally, would take a maintenance break with my eating whilst still working out hard, then try to shift a few pounds at a time through short term cuts. Long term open ended deficit eating is a form of low grade stress for our bodies. Taking a step back toward maintenance can be beneficial on a lot of physiological & psychological levels.
    Bravo on your accomplishment. You do that bikini proud!
  • Ellasmommy1971
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your positive feedback
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
    Echoing what others have said just keep doing what your doing and it may just take a bit longer
  • dorener
    dorener Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have no advice since I am facing a struggle as well, but OMG you look amazing!!!!! Perhaps your body is comfortable where it is?
  • Ellasmommy1971
    Options
    wow, thanks ladies. I know I should be so thankful for how far I have come, I am just trying to push myself that last little bit.
  • JLPersall
    JLPersall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No helpful advice. Maybe try vary your workout so something new for your body? I mostly just had to say awesome job losing all that weight!!!! Very inspirational
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    You look great! My own advice might be to think about continuing your current eating and exercise program and see what happens. The last weight is the hardest to lose, but also, from looking at the picture, I notice that you are a larger framed person, so 130 might be too low for you.
  • lisa818181
    lisa818181 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The last few are definitely the hardest. I also find that people in your life are less supportive about it. They'll say you look great and don't need to lose any more and you should have some cake. I've even had people "worried" about me that I was losing too much when my goal was right smack in the middle of my "ideal" weight range. They've seen you come so far and now that you are a more normal size that seems like it should be good enough to them, so they don't get why you're still actively trying to lose. Those same people might have been very encouraging when you started out. But no one wants to stop with the finish line in sight!

(not that there is actually a real "finish line!" Maintenance can be just as hard.)
  • Ellasmommy1971
    Options
    lisa818181 wrote: »
    The last few are definitely the hardest. I also find that people in your life are less supportive about it. They'll say you look great and don't need to lose any more and you should have some cake. I've even had people "worried" about me that I was losing too much when my goal was right smack in the middle of my "ideal" weight range. They've seen you come so far and now that you are a more normal size that seems like it should be good enough to them, so they don't get why you're still actively trying to lose. Those same people might have been very encouraging when you started out. But no one wants to stop with the finish line in sight!

(not that there is actually a real "finish line!" Maintenance can be just as hard.)

You are describing my life to a T! So many people have said to me not to lose any more weight, I have enough gone or too much gone but I am still 139 pounds, I am not melting away! I would like to tone up by thighs and butt a bit more. I am going to try to learn free weights instead of using the weight machines.
    Thanks for the reply and the advise.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Girl - you look gorgeous. That is all I wanted to say B)

and I don't mean that you shouldn't keep going to reach your goal. By all means - keep up the good work! I imagine its a slower weight loss as you are getting closer - maybe .5lbs a week. I am sure you will get there. Very encouraging!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    lisa818181 wrote: »

^^This. I have only 10 pounds to lose. It comes off VERY slowly. Like .5 a week. Sometimes 1 pound. Sometimes nothing for weeks. The only thing to do is keep eating at a deficit. It WILL eventually come off.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Awesome journey. I agree with the others, the last 9 will be slow. Focus on excercise, eating right, and enjoy your success as you wait for those last 9 lbs to come off.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! You've done an amazing job. Now is the fine-tune that'll take forever. Just keep at it. Squats are the perfect exercise to tone up your legs and butt. That may help you feel more confident with all that lose you've managed.