Cooked Vs uncooked

Options
If one large egg is 70 calories per the carton, does it change the calorie count once cooked ...say scrambled nothing added? I see 2 eggs uncooked are 140 calories per the carton but when I punch in 2 scrambled it reads 199 calories ...why?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just log the two eggs if you aren't adding anything. The person who created that entry must have used something in their scrambled eggs, which is why it's best to either log each ingredient separately or create your own recipe.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Just log the two eggs if you aren't adding anything. The person who created that entry must have used something in their scrambled eggs, which is why it's best to either log each ingredient separately or create your own recipe.

^^ this
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    most people add milk, margarine/butter etc when they make scrambled eggs.

do the calculations yourself. 2 eggs at 70 each. If you use anything to make sure it doesn't stick, add that to it. I always make a separate entry for that so I can really see the breakdown.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Always do raw or uncooked. That is how the labels on foods are done as well as raw foods like meat and veg. Sometimes a label will include "dry" and "prepared" (like my rice-a-roni has this) but I always use the dry and add my own ingredients such as 1% milk, half the recommended oil so the calories are correct for the way I prepare it. Unfortunately the database is full of erroneous entries, look for the verified foods with the green check mark to get the best possible estimate.
  • mrskritty
    mrskritty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's kinda what I thougt! Thank you all for your reponses
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You also would have to factor in "scrambled eggs" could mean larger eggs than you are using from your carton.