Which would be a better option for lunch?

Options
At the moment my house has no produce so I cannot make any salad or stir fry, so I'm left with raisin whole wheat toast, plain bagels, eggs, frozen burritos, etc. I don't want to eat just eggs as they don't fill me up. I was thinking of putting one egg in a bagel but I read bagels turn right into belly fat.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat what fits into your goals and satisfies you. The bagel thing is a myth...calories eaten over maintenance will turn into fat, not specific foods.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Bagels don't just turn into belly fat.

What is your calorie allowance for today? Are you also keeping track of your protein, fats etc?

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    lol. don't believe everything you read.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    At the moment my house has no produce so I cannot make any salad or stir fry, so I'm left with raisin whole wheat toast, plain bagels, eggs, frozen burritos, etc. I don't want to eat just eggs as they don't fill me up. I was thinking of putting one egg in a bagel but I read bagels turn right into belly fat.

If it fits your calories you can eat any of those foods.
    I would probably find the burrito to be the most filling for lunch.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    As others have said excess calories turn into fat, not any particular food. The difficulty with bagels is that they usually have a high amount of calories (300-400) for very little satisfaction or feelings of fullness. Personally for me I could easily down 2 bagels (about 700-800 calories) without thinking and still feel hungry versus if I ate 2-3 eggs (140-210 calories) I feel full and satisfied. A better option would probably be the eggs with toast or the burrito. But if you want the bagel and it fits your goals then there is no problem with it.
  • mandygtrrz
    mandygtrrz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Two egg whites one whole sliced over two slices of toast avocado spread will taste even better!