Waist trimmer.

Options
Have any of y'all lost actual weight the a waist trimmer (belly band)?

Replies

• faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been afraid to use one because I've seen stuff about it compressing your rib cage over time. I'd be interested to hear the answer to this question myself.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Waste of money -you need a calorie deficit to lose weight. A belly band won't do it. And the corset waist cinchers can cause serious damage to your body.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    They don't work. Any weight you lose would be temporary (water weight from the sweat), and it would come back as soon as you rehydrate. The only way to lose weight is to take in less calories than you expend.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Popped in thinking like a hedge trimmer ? , gory as that would be you would lose weight from it , if your talking about the tummy corset things good for under fitted clothes gives a nice line , totally useless for weight loss though
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The only effective way to lose weight - imho - is a sensible calorie defecit combined with a regular exercise routine. There are no short cuts - nah strike that - there are shortcuts but as the name suggests its a fast way to lose weight - mibby - but equally fast to put it on again. Besides taking the long journey means you re train your thinking to eat well and exercise on a regular basis - a far more rewarding way to being healthy :-)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    they don't work.
    i just wear mine as shapewear.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The CICO one worked great for me. Lost 6" in my waist.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used one after I had my son, and it was clutch for me. Not for weight loss but for comfort and stability, made me confident to move and workout, keeping things pulled in and tight, it allowed me to start working out just 3 weeks after I had him...in a way it allowed me to loose weight and get back into shape but it wasn't what caused my loss, my working out and eating right did. Correct, all it does is make you sweat, similar to what wrestlers do to cut weight, once you hydrate, things go back. If you needed to fit into a skin tight dress for a night I suppose it could work...