scared of pizza now

Options
i've been doing very well since about december even thru the holidays as i'm a verry picky eater so i won't ususally gain from the holidays.....i've been doing even better as of jan 1 (resoultion) drinking all my water....mostly loging everything in..lacking in excerise tho....i didn't wiegh or measure myself until jan 1 so i dunno how i was doing before then but i don't believe from the number on the scale has moved from 139 in months ...alot of months... it's ok cause i wasn't all out trying....but tuesday the 6th it's all finally clicked.....all my water...eating all my calories, excercising....eating all THOSE calories....i stopped drinking all forms of soda and frankly all but water and milk....switched from white everything to whole wheat......haven't gone to a fast food place since the begining of the year except subway and other healthier choices......and EVEN now there is no change in weight or measurements.....i know it's kinda early so i'm shaking it off and this week i'm also on my TOM so i'm hoping there will be chages after the week...but i dunno....i'm not giving up but i've been of this site for a while so i have a very good idea of what i should and shouldn't be doing....so i have no idea whats wrong....

also... i'm starting to think eventually a friend or my boyfriend is gunna want pizza or something......and i SHOULD get some break sometimes..... but since i started this seriously....i'm sort of becoming afriad of pizza or something else bad for me....i'm starting to feel...if i take one bite or one slice..i'll ruin what i've already done (with one slice!) which is even dumber cause.....welll..... i haven't lost anything as of yet anyways.....

i don't know y i'm not losing weight...and i also know i slice of pizza that i haven't had in 13 days at all won't ruin anything but....SOMETHING PLEASE CHANGE!!!!!:explode:

Replies

• sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i've been doing very well since about december even thru the holidays as i'm a verry picky eater so i won't ususally gain from the holidays.....i've been doing even better as of jan 1 (resoultion) drinking all my water....mostly loging everything in..lacking in excerise tho....i didn't wiegh or measure myself until jan 1 so i dunno how i was doing before then but i don't believe from the number on the scale has moved from 139 in months ...alot of months... it's ok cause i wasn't all out trying....but tuesday the 6th it's all finally clicked.....all my water...eating all my calories, excercising....eating all THOSE calories....i stopped drinking all forms of soda and frankly all but water and milk....switched from white everything to whole wheat......haven't gone to a fast food place since the begining of the year except subway and other healthier choices......and EVEN now there is no change in weight or measurements.....i know it's kinda early so i'm shaking it off and this week i'm also on my TOM so i'm hoping there will be chages after the week...but i dunno....i'm not giving up but i've been of this site for a while so i have a very good idea of what i should and shouldn't be doing....so i have no idea whats wrong....

also... i'm starting to think eventually a friend or my boyfriend is gunna want pizza or something......and i SHOULD get some break sometimes..... but since i started this seriously....i'm sort of becoming afriad of pizza or something else bad for me....i'm starting to feel...if i take one bite or one slice..i'll ruin what i've already done (with one slice!) which is even dumber cause.....welll..... i haven't lost anything as of yet anyways.....

i don't know y i'm not losing weight...and i also know i slice of pizza that i haven't had in 13 days at all won't ruin anything but....SOMETHING PLEASE CHANGE!!!!!:explode:
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I had a party at my house last night and we ordered a ton of Papa Johns Pizza. Instead of eating it, I made my own pizza.
    To compare:
    One slice of Papa Johns Cheese Pizza= 330 calories
    My entire pizza= 315

It was worth it to me
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    I FEEL THE SAME AS YOU. I TRIED TO LOOSE WEIGHT FOR 2 WEEKS AND ACTUALLY ENDED UP GAINING 2 POUNDS! HELP!

125726.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    HOW DID YOU MAKE YOUR PIZZA?

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]125726.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ummm... it's never really a "good" sign to feel bad about food.
    Food is food... some choices have more health benefits then others.
    No one says you have to go to Pizza Hut and eat a whole pizza to indulge in a former favorite food on occasion.

My family does whole wheat pita pizzas. They are good.
    Also, for just a quick fix, whole wheat english muffin pizzas... YUM!
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel the last time i dieted i was doing so well for months completly off carbohydrates losing weight and actually fine. but then i became so afraid to add certain foods back into my diet like i was supposed to (i was and am on south beach although this time i got smarter) by the time the 6 month mark came around and i was going to add back brown rice as my carb i had a tablespoon of brown rice in front of me and i kid you not i could not get myself to take that bite, what if i did and then i gained it all back i mean i had worked so hard. well eventually i got myself to eat that bite but a month into that bite it became im not afraid anymore and well lets just say all that hard work was wasted....but dont fear there is a happy ending to this story back on my diet now i did it smart after the two week period on south beach i added some carbs back like i was supposed to instead of waiting 6 months and that is the key i think....i first allowed a two-three fruits a week and a 2 tablespoons of brown rice back and then some low carb tortias. And now i have one meal a day is allowed a carb either and to me what is key i am allowed a bonus food not day but food....mine is sushi which i cant live with out but the rice is carbs (and no i cant do the brown rice sushi :bigsmile: i get the fear but one piece of piece wont kill you just have a big salad before u eat it so you arent tempted to have more than one slice. But i could be wrong you have to do what feels right for you.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was scared of pizza too, but love it. With that said I now order thin crust and go for all veggie, no meats when ordering pizza. Stick with tomato sauces, not the creamy alfredo sauces, and you should be good.
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I DO DENISE AUSTIN BOOTCAMP EACH DAY
    AND I WALK, I DO KICK BOXING.
    I STILL EAT PIZZA BUT I EAT LEAN CUISINE PIZZA
    BUT ONCE IN AWHILE ILL TREAT MYSELF TO PIZZAHUT OR SUMTIN,

ITS HARD FOR ME TO LOSE WEIGHT BUT OBVIOUSLY IM DOING IT.
    MY DOCTOR SAYS IT MAY BE CAUSED FROM MY PREVIOUS E.D.:flowerforyou:
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    Moidyn, would also like to hear how you made your pizza.
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i know it's silly...i'm not afraid of a healthy pizza i make on my own...i mean the pizza hut kind or a big mac or whatever.......im fustrastated and find it silly that i'm doing everything so well but evenually there's gunna be a "bad day" .... i don't want to feel like i'm going to throw away everything i've done and go ALL THE WAY back into my old ways with only ONE piece!!! and i feel even sillyier that all this is such a worry even now and that the good eating is a habbit now... but...for whatever reason...still not losing anyways so y all the worrying.....ridiculous!

thanks for the advice guys and listening to the "venting" it just seems like such a confusing time right now....
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Moidyn, would also like to hear how you made your pizza.

I, too, would like to learn how you make your pizza!
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ive also made homemade pizza mind u its not pizza pizza but i can tell you how i make it

low carb tortia flat bread
    2 tablespoons tomato sauce
    low fat motzarella cheese
    loads of veggies

sometime i like onion and i will carmalize them first with a drop of oil

onion mushroom and peppers are good combo
    but whatever you like

the more veggies the less sauce and cheese or you can even skip the sauce which ive dont and pre carmalized onion pepper and mushroom put that on the tortia with cheese and put fresh tomato and basil or oregano (even italian seasoning)

real good flavor to the onion first put the spices in the pan like the italian seasoning with the oil your coooking the onions in and let that get a little brown before you put the oil theres nothing like it.

preset over to about 250-350 depends on your oven then it should take more then 15 minutes also i like finishing it under the broiler to get it a little brown

any questions if i can help i will and i can also get into more detail im at work and should be working lol

hope that helps
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Don't be "scared" of fast food. Just stop eating it!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've made homemade pizza from home, I found a new recipe, I use the frozen Rhodes bread loaf, follow the directions on the bag or you can go to their website, I make my crust pretty thin, so your eating less carbs, put my own homemade tomato sauce that I froze from over the summer on it, load it with fresh veggies a bit of mozarella cheese and cook it. It is so good. We try and skip the meats, those just add bad calories, but I have found at the store turkey pepperoni which is better for you than the regular pepperoni.
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? If you are eating too little your body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose anything.. try increasing your calories by about 500 and go from there.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Sometimes it takes time for your body to adjust to you doing everything right and feeding it properly, remember it has been in a state of starvation then eating too much for several years (if you are anything like the rest of us) just keep remembering, you are doing everything right, once your body gets used to what you are doing, you will see results, don't give up, I know the feeling, I was there but I finally started seeing results after about a month, they weren't quick, but then you don't have that much to lose, neither did I.

btw I still eat a slice of pizza now and then, but I don't eat three anymore :)
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should be "scared" to eat anything, I just think you need to learn to make the right decisons. Like if you go to McDonald's, avoid that big mac and either get a salad or if you really want a burger & fries get a happy meal, bonus, you'll get a prize too, it's more calories then a lot of typical dinners, BUT if you plan your day around eating out you can make it work and not feel guilty, AS LONG...as it's not something you do on a daily basis, we all need to learn how to eat out, we just need to do it right and personally I get totally sick of salads. Also when you go for pizza, get the thin crust, order veggies, no extra cheese and just eat 1 slice or 2 small slices, no bread sticks though. If you have leftovers the give it to your date. Personally not going out to dinner isn't always an option but I just need to learn to choose the right things. Maybe eat a little before you go out too, then you won't be starving and eat too much, I did that last time we went out and I didn't eat the appitizers with everyone else because I wasn't starving.

For those who make their own pizza one thing we do because we're meat & potatoe kind of people is I'll cut up a veggie burger or left over chicken and put it on our pizza, this really seems to satisfy our need for meat.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    moderation is the key here - if you go over on calories - run some stairs to work it off.

I LOVE the Lean Cuisine Three Meat Pizza with fresh mushrooms and onions I slice on it - it really kills my pizza craving - I eat it about once a week. As a matter of fact - just finished it with fresh strawberries and pineapple. YUMMMY

If you make something "Illegal" - you're gonna crave it that much more. Find substitutes for this type of thing or have what you want in a smaller portion. I use to be horrible about stopping but I am getting much better about it - I ask myself - Is it really worth it? If so, GULP GULP!
  • aminor61
    aminor61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have heard that some that need to lose just a little bit of weight will plateau for weeks. They have a new pizza at Pizza Hut that is wheat crust. It is really good. I had one piece and the calories were half of what a full lunch was for me. Just make sure that it does not have a bunch of meat on it though. You will need probably to increase your exercise to jump start again. Be blessed.
  • aminor61
    aminor61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have heard that some that need to lose just a little bit of weight will plateau for weeks. They have a new pizza at Pizza Hut that is wheat crust. It is really good. I had one piece and the calories were half of what a full lunch was for me. Just make sure that it does not have a bunch of meat on it though. You will need probably to increase your exercise to jump start again. Be blessed.