Onion recipes??

Options
Anyone know any healthy onion recipes? I have a bag of onions that Need eating quick!

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I baked frozen peas w a bit of smart balance or you can microwave them...
    Then on a cookie sheet I took 4 onions, took the peel off, cut them in half and baked them with olive oil salt and pepper on 375 until they were done.
    They were SO good! The tops were crispy and inside they were soft and delish, they tasted great with the peas!
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You can dice onions and freeze them for easy use in recipes like soups.

I like to stick an onion, sliced and sprinkled with garlic powder, in the oven until it's all crispy and can just eat the whole thing.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I baked frozen peas w a bit of smart balance or you can microwave them...
    Then on a cookie sheet I took 4 onions, took the peel off, cut them in half and baked them with olive oil salt and pepper on 375 until they were done.
    They were SO good! The tops were crispy and inside they were soft and delish, they tasted great with the peas!

I have never thought to do this. Definitely going to try it.

At Thanksgiving we boil onions. I add chicken broth to increase the flavor, and boil them lightly for hours. It's important to let them brown.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @Dnarules sounds good! Yes to letting them brown!
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    French onion soup!! To keep it low cal just use a thin slice of bread on top, a couple crackers or croutons with a slice of low fat swiss. Very low cal and full of flavor

http://www.backtomyroots.ca/french-onion-soup/