Pre-Workout supplement questions

I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this so please let me know if I need to redirect my question to another board.

I recently had my first encounter with a pre-workout supplement powder and I fell in love! I was able to power through almost 2 hours of a workout and not feel like I got hit by a bus. My buddy let me try Thermovex by Nutrishop. No jitters, no crash afterward, it was drinkable, and it made my workout so much more energized.

I have a few questions concerning this. Is it safe for your body to use pre-workout on a regular basis. Is there one in particular that has the same qualities as the Thermovex mentioned above that any of you have tried? Is there some other way to achieve that energy boost to power you through a long workout?

During the week I have to exercise after work, at which point I am absolutely exhausted already. I have to literally drag myself to the gym or to the park where I run. Just looking for something to keep me energized and motivated to continue my training after my work days.

Thanks in advance! =)

Replies

• mandygtrrz
    mandygtrrz Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    You should look into 1upnutrition they sell bcaas for females its not a preworkout but it definitely gives me energy and its tastes just like a jolly rancher with no calories! You can sip on it throughout the day and I'm an avid caffeine lover this has replaced my coffee and energy drinks for sure. I take preworkout only on days I'm not feeling it but its not a good idea to drink pre workout every day. I'm currently taking c4 and assault but c4 gives me way more boost than I need so I only take half a scoop.
  • aray2731
    aray2731 Posts: 4 Member
    mandygtrrz wrote: »
    You should look into 1upnutrition they sell bcaas for females its not a preworkout but it definitely gives me energy and its tastes just like a jolly rancher with no calories! You can sip on it throughout the day and I'm an avid caffeine lover this has replaced my coffee and energy drinks for sure. I take preworkout only on days I'm not feeling it but its not a good idea to drink pre workout every day. I'm currently taking c4 and assault but c4 gives me way more boost than I need so I only take half a scoop.

I will definitely look into the 1upnutrition. That sounds like it is right up my alley. I like the fact that it is zero calorie and gives you the same energy as caffeine since I am an avid caffeine lover too =).

I had heard the same thing about the C4, where it is just too much of a boost, that is partially why I have been hesitant to try it. It didn't even occur to me though that I could cut the scoop in half. lol I may look into that as well.

Thank you for the awesome recommendations. I am excited to give these a shot.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    What's wrong with continuing to use Thermovex, if it works so well for you?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Figure out what is missing in your nutrition instead of loading up on stimulants
  • JoJo0921
    JoJo0921 Posts: 19 Member
    I prefer real food, for pre-workout slow-digesting carbs are the best and I find I'll operate better if I have granola with greek yogurt, or rice cakes with sunflower butter, or kodiak cakes 1-2 hours before I workout.
    BUT, a few times I will look to a supplement if I'm having a particularly busy day. A protein/granola bar with carbs and some BCAAs will help, or Vitargo pre and intra-workout.
  • MillyMil122
    MillyMil122 Posts: 15 Member
    I've used c4 many times and its by far my fav pre-workout. You have to go 30 days on, 30 off though because your body will become used to it.