NSV - Ran my first 5K

Options
After about two months of training I went from only just being able to run a mile to running a 5K in 31 minutes 30 seconds.

I had hoped to run a bit faster, but in the end I was just happy to complete the race without walking.

It was a lot warmer than when I'd been training. I know, 77F is not hot - but here in Oregon I was training for the last four weeks in 50 degree weather (usually with a light drizzle). :smile:

The best part was seeing my wife, daughters and mother-in-law at the finish line cheering me on! :smile:

Finsih_Line.jpg

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes! Very well done! The sky's the limit from here!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Awesome, dude!! Keep up the good work!!
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    Very cool!!! Good job!!!
  • megan_mp
    megan_mp Posts: 77
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I'm hoping to run a full 5k by the end of the summer.

I did a 5k this weekend - my first one that involved running. I would say I ran about 75% of it and I finished in 39:22. I'm hoping to beat that time next time...

So, I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but what I'm saying is I understand your achievement and that's a HUGE accomplishment. I'm proud of your success with that! Keep it going - you'll beat your time next time!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have 2 weeks left of C25K and am getting excited to be able to make a similar post!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Yikes I forgot to wish you good luck but looks like u didnt need it!! Thats an amazing achievement!! Fab timing too!! You are inspiring me to do a run now!!!
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome! :D
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I did a 5k this weekend - my first one that involved running. I would say I ran about 75% of it and I finished in 39:22. I'm hoping to beat that time next time...

Congratulations! It's a great feeling isn't it? Good luck with your next run!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Posting link to a smaller version of the photo - hoping you'll be able to see my "fans" on the right of the picture. :smile:

Finsih_Line_Smaller-1.jpg
  • realredhead
    Options
    Congrats!! Now, YOU'RE ADDICTED!!
    I have gone from a 39 minute 5k last year to 29:56 this year. I am so happy and proud of my accomplishments!! I've ran several half martathons and one full....You won't stop at just a 5k!!
    KEEP IT UP!!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Congratulations!!! And what a great time for your 1st 5K!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    congrats to you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!