New - Gaining after Sleeve Gastrectomy

Options
My name is Michelle. I had a Sleeve Gastrectomy August 6, 2012. In a years time, I lost 90 pounds. Now at 3 1/2 years, I have started to gain weight. TWENTY pounds to be exact. I am so depressed about it. I don't know what to do. I thought about WW's but I think that might be too much food for my little stomach. So I thought I would give this site a try to see if it would help me keep track of my protein and such. Is there anyone else that has gained after WLS?

Replies

• Kerria1024
    Kerria1024 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had surgery Sept 28, 2015. I have lost 57 pounds since that date but for the past 3-4 weeks I have gone up and down 4 pounds and I cannot hit 60! I'm so frustrated. Did you go thru this too? My biggest fear is gaining the weight back. It sounds like you have done great after 3 years! But I see why you would be concerned. I will be following your feed to see what others are saying. Any advise you can share with me would be great!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am about eighteen months out from my bypass. Some rebound after surgery is pretty well expected. Yes, logging and tracking can help you figure out what is going on. I think you can follow any diet just portion differently to what your tummy can hold.
  • glomartinez3
    glomartinez3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did my surgery 2009
    Lost 100 lbs
    Gained 50 lbs I have to go back to what I leanerd.
    I can't go back and do a redo I keep pushing myself to go back the other way.
    I am doing more soul searching and seeing what happen.
    Stop take a deep breath and go the opposite direction.
    Talk to your doctor and get into a support group.
    :)