To Fit bit or not to fit bit

Options
I've been thinking about getting a fit bit for motivation....but I'm on the fence. Would love to hear pros and cons of fit bits. Do you find it motivating?

Replies

• southbaysonia
    southbaysonia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not yet. But what it does do for me is make me aware of my in/activity, how well I slept, and the fluctuations in my heart rate. All interesting bits of info to have about oneself. All important info that will lead, one hopes, to making changes. You know what they say ... the first step in solving a problem is knowing you have one. The Fitbit is another tool, in addition to scales and mirrors, that does this for me.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since Christmas, and LOVE it! My activity level was Sedentary, and I was lucky if I was getting more than 4 hours sleep per nite. Since then, the Fitbit has daily motivated me to go from Sedentary, to Active....and I now see at least 7.5 hours sleep every night. Obviously this can be done without a Fitbit, but it makes you very aware of what's going on, all day every day. I can honestly say my Fitbit has gotten more love and attention than any other gift I received this year! Wouldn't trade for anything, except the Alta maybe!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've had one for a few years now. I love it, and wear it daily. I participate in challenges, I challenge myself. Love mine.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Love mine. I bought myself a One for Christmas and I clip it to my belt or slip it in my pocket every day. I have a desk job, and it was a real eye-opener as to how little I moved from 9-5. I now make a point of getting up every hour and walking from one end of the building to the other and going up and down three flights of stairs.

I challenge myself to get at least 12,000 steps a day and to climb 25 floors. And I know it's really cheesy, but I get ever so happy when I receive a new 'badge'. In fact I'm about to go for my hourly walk and when I get back I will have reached my lifetime 2,000 floors. Got my lifetime 500 miles Monday. It's a great little motivator.
  • NemEhes
    NemEhes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like it because of the social aspect. I'm always in challenges with my family and friends and it feels so good to crush them*.

Apparently I'm really competitive.

*My mother is currently destroying me this week though...
  • RunningMama32
    RunningMama32 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've got the fitbit flex so not as fancy as some. But I love it. I've been so lazy this week so definitely planning on making sure I take my weekly total over 70k steps on the weekend so I can pull an average of 10k steps a day. I definitely find it makes me move more.