Looking for FODMAP friends

Options
Hello,
I had my gallbladder removed in 2014 and have had difficulties finding a diet and food that agrees with my stomach. While I am glad that I had my gallbladder removed because the pain was debilitating at times, I now have new pain. My sweet husband had his removed without any complications and eats whatever he likes. I, unfortunately, cannot do the same.

I have started with a nutritionist that is trying to help me find a diet that will agree with my stomach and will also help me to lose some weight.

Blessings,
Monica

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I do a modified fodmaps (I can eat a few fodmaps foods but i also have additional restrictions) for Crohn's disease
  • KittylizKittyliz
    KittylizKittyliz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to start a FODMAP diet. My doctor gave it to me over a year ago, but I have really resisted further diet restrictions. I'm already allergic to corn and you can't believe how hard it is to avoid in the American diet. But my constant gnawing sensation in my stomach, which really feels like a hunger pain, is making losing weight a huge challenge. I just want to eat to sooth it, but eating never really helps. The best guess after lots of tests is that it is caused by mild reflux (GERD). Anyway, I am going to give the FODMAP a try (after my birthday this weekend). :p

Does anyone have any good gluten-free, corn-free, FODMAP friendly recipes for making bread in a bread machine?

Kitty

P.S. singinglutelady... I sympathize with the Crohn's issues. My brother-in-law struggles terribly with it and eats mainly beef and rice.