Finding it confusing to add ingredients to my recipe list.

Options
wobchunk
wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
Can someone help me as I don't ha e a clue what I'm soi g, I love making my own foods but I'm not able to add the exact amount of what I want to use. . . . Any suggestions???

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I just type all of my ingredients in the recipe builder, then tweak the ingredients and amounts on the bottom by editing them one by one - often I have to type in "usda, ITEM, gram" or the exact brand. What is giving you a problem? Maybe we can help.
  • wobchunk
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just type all of my ingredients in the recipe builder, then tweak the ingredients and amounts on the bottom by editing them one by one - often I have to type in "usda, ITEM, gram" or the exact brand. What is giving you a problem? Maybe we can help.

I can't put the exact amount that I'm using but will try use the USDA and see what's happens, thank you for your reply.
  • wobchunk
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Package foods, scan the barcodes.
    Produce etc. just enter the name add RAW or USDA and adjust for grams. Dont use cups for measurements.

Yep I've been scanning my ingredients guess I just need to play around with it to get the right amount.
    Thank you for your reply.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    wobchunk wrote: »

I can't put the exact amount that I'm using but will try use the USDA and see what's happens, thank you for your reply.

You should be able to adjust the amount. There is a drop down that will give you the ability to choose grams or oz (in most CORRECT entries), and you should be able to enter the amount that you've weighed and plan to add to your recipe. On the side of each ingredient you can also edit quantity. This is so helpful when you're re-making the same recipe and need to change it from 250 grams to 252 grams of an item.
  • wobchunk
    Options
    wobchunk wrote: »

You should be able to adjust the amount. There is a drop down that will give you the ability to choose grams or oz (in most CORRECT entries), and you should be able to enter the amount that you've weighed and plan to add to your recipe. On the side of each ingredient you can also edit quantity. This is so helpful when you're re-making the same recipe and need to change it from 250 grams to 252 grams of an item.

Seen it, thank you.