Should go to the gym, but feeling down...

Options
samertarchichi
samertarchichi Posts: 16 Member
so i planned to go to the gym and burn about 400 calories, but one event happened, and now i am stressed and feeling down...any suggestions of what should i do tonight.... :/

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Gym always used to help me with stress.

If you are feeling this way, going to the gym will not only help you with that 400 cal burn goal, but could also help with your mood..

GET UP AND GO!! You will feel awesome that you did go.. Don't let life kick you down..
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think you could answer your own question. Have you ever regretted going to the gym? Have a great workout :)
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Maybe go to the gym with a friend and have a post sweat talk?
    Sorry about your stress and sadness :(
  • 25brittany25
    25brittany25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so i planned to go to the gym and burn about 400 calories, but one event happened, and now i am stressed and feeling down...any suggestions of what should i do tonight.... :/

Go to the gym anyways ... it will release chemicals in your brain to bring your spirits up.. nothing better than clearing your thoughts than zoning out at the gym and having "you" time .. :) feel better
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself the best you can. The times you especially don't want to go? ARE the times you need to become the boss of your emotions and do it!!! If not, a lighter workout that builds up up in other ways, like an outdoor walk might be the way to go for today......

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The best time to go to the gym is when you don't want to. Eventually those days become less and before you know it - you look forward to it!

You can do it!! I'm feeling the same way you are right now, but will likely feel worse if I give in and don't go.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    somebody on my FL said one time about make yourself go for 10 mins. if you're still not feeling it after that, then just stop and go home. you might end up getting into it and going longer though. words to live by.

Ya, when I don't feel like going and have to force myself, I give myself permission to stop after 10 minutes. I never need to stop and always feel better post-exercise.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    somebody on my FL said one time about make yourself go for 10 mins. if you're still not feeling it after that, then just stop and go home. you might end up getting into it and going longer though. words to live by.

Ya, when I don't feel like going and have to force myself, I give myself permission to stop after 10 minutes. I never need to stop and always feel better post-exercise.

basically, that.

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I agree with all the above posters, BUT every once in awhile the gym feels like one more commitment that I'm forced to keep and sometimes I just need to say no to everything, including the gym, and hole up by myself with a good book instead. Sometimes allowing yourself to withdraw feom all the pressures of life can be therapeutic in its own way. The trick is to not feel guilty afterward, though.
  • lilykjohnson
    lilykjohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand that the gym is probably the best choice for you. But sometimes, for me, I just can't stand being around other people while I work out. So in your situation, I might put on my gym clothes and just take myself on a walk. I tend to get bored after about 15 minutes, so I inevitably end up running. It's a great way to get fresh air, clear your head and burn some calories.
  • Melissapaige1
    Melissapaige1 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Everyone said you should go. So I won't repeat it but the gym always makes me feel better when im sad and stressed. Just zone out, sweat it out. It's like a cleans for the soul.