Logging Zumba

Options
I have Zumba for the Wii, does anyone know what it should come under when logging exercise? Thanks x

Replies

• denyse24
    denyse24 Posts: 62
    Options
    I heart rate monitor watch is the way to go be be the most precise and then you can create your execise, If not you can log it under cardiovascular arobics high impact and it is pretty close to the actual number of calories burned . Good luck to you :)
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    Investing in a heart rate monitor is the best option....but until you do, logging it under aerobic dance is closest to the correct cal burn. It just won't be completely accurate.
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    thank you for your suggestions, i think i need a HR monitor :)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    High Impact Aerobics is closest. I use a HRM and that seems to be the closest to the calori burned. Also, it depends on how hard you work in Zumba. If im tired or sore ill burn maybe 500 calories in a hour. If I really push myself, ill burn 800 calories sometimes! It all depends...a HRM is def. the way to go!!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    zumba in a class is high impact aerobics for the wii version I use latin dance
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I put mine under high impact aerobics for the class then I have one set up for the Wii when I do it at home.

Missy
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    I do Zumba at a class and have played the Wii version - I don't think it is as high impact as the proper sessions but this is just my opinion on the matter.