Seafood

Options
2»

Replies

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Our favorite is to lightly coat with mayo, sprinkle with lemon juice, pepper to taste and top with parm cheese and bake. This is best on swai and salmon IMO.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki salmon, with stir fried egg rice, peas and spring onions yum.
    I love me a fish pie and also just baked simply in the oven with new pots and veg.
    You could try salmon en croutes with a watercress sauce and the salmon wrapped in filo.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I love me a fish pie and also just baked simply in the oven with new pots and veg.
    You could try salmon en croutes with a watercress sauce and the salmon wrapped in filo.

I've never heard of a fish pie. Can you tell me more?
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

Many types....this is the one we base ours:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/fantastic-fish-pie-147123

The family inhales it...Now we make ours bigger and usually use Basa and Salmon....you can also throw in other veggies as well. I threw in left over brocolli when I made it this week.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is very mild. If you don't like that, you won't like any fish. It is very good with an acid like lemon, capers, mustard. It has low fat, so you can put some butter on it.

You can try repeat exposure, if you care.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

Hi @yayamom3 the one I make usually has a couple of different fish, salmon white fish like pollock or cod and a bit of smoked haddock , peeled prawns if I'm feeling posh. This is all poached in milk with peppercorns and bay leaves and an onion cut in half .
    You then strain the milk/ poaching liquid and make a white sauce with parsley with it.
    This needs to be quite thick and poured over the fish in a oven dish
    Then you cover with mashed potatoes ( sometimes people put hard boiled eggs cut in half on top of the fish mix ) and cheese and grill in the oven
    Best comfort food ever x
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Chilean Seabass cooked with olive oil, onion and tomato... I always buy my fish fresh, I like it better than frozen fish.
    Squeeze lemon afterwards, it has a "crab/ lobster" like taste to me.