My own personal pity party... (you're all invited!)

Options
Since coming off the mini-pill (Cerazette) 3 weeks ago (when I started this new lifestyle change) my hormones/moods have been going mad and it seems the past two days that my body is truly gearing up for TOTM and I am in full PMS mode and therefore I WANT TO EAT ALL THE FOOD. ALL OF IT. Tuesday I felt bad and resisted, yesterday I felt worse and resisted, today I feel like curling up in bed in a dressing gown with a hot water bottle, my tears and ALL OF THE FOOD. lol. Anything healthy/low-calorie I can eat to try and up my mood a bit and get me through these few days of hell. I am currently wanting pizza and chocolate. I am pretty confident I will resist and wait until cheat meal day on Saturday but I am really struggling. Even re-reading my 'Why am I doing this?' note that I wrote at the beginning to keep me going during hard times isn't really working. My pity for myself is currently greater than my desire to achieve my goals. Any words of comfort?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Get that dressing gown and hot water bottle.
    Make yourself a cup of lemon-ginger or rooibos chai tea (without milk or sugar, of course).
    Take a calcium tablet.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Be kind.
    How about a lovely big fresh delicious salad, with some nuts, good olive oil and avocado....
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    If I've got the calories, I'll do things like ...

-- low cal vanilla yogurt with a little bit of chocolate powder and cinnamon.

-- Dr Oetker's Papa Giuseppi's Panini ... one portion is 1200 kj = about 300 cal. I eat that with a heap of steamed veggies for dinner. It is kind of like pizza.
    http://www.oetker.com.au/au-en/papa-giuseppis-panini/tomato-cheese.html

-- a piece of toast and honey.

-- one McVities chocolate topped digestive biscuits.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintence, chalk it up to TOM and curl up on the sofa.
    Hope you are feeling yourself soon
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    instead of having a saturday 'cheat' day during TOTM week, i would allocated those extra cheat day calories throughout the week and eat me some chocolate instead! or eat at maintenance for a couple days like emma suggested.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    How did you cope with the urge to splurge before this lifestyle change?

Adopt a modified version and, as you know it is going to happen plan for it.

Either accept that you will be eating at maintenance for a few days every month and your weight loss won't be quite as fast, or hoard calories the week before, so long as you aren't going under 1200, by not eating back as many of your exercise calories.

This month, accept that you need to splurge and log it. Good info for future use.

Cheers, h.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Low-calorie soups. In fact, this is exactly what I'm about to make. Diet jelly. Salads with ALL THE LEAVES. I had had too much food earlier today so I need to atone for my sins by having some yummy, but light, lunch/snacks to tide me over until dinner.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I got nothing for you. :'( But I will jump on the pitty party ban wagon with you. I am also at Pre-TOM PMS and today I woke feeling like I am getting a UTI. So add a boat load of extra pee to that. Stay strong, should be over soon. At least I hope so, otherwise I may have to hurt someone. >:):#
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the chocolate cravings I go for hershey's kisses. The wrap slows me down and I melt each piece instead of chewing. Exercise will help. Go for a walk and do some yoga, then have a hot bath and curl up in bed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The only way for me to deal with PMS week is to avoid refined carbs and sugars. If I have even one piece of toast in the morning (even if I have eggs and bacon with it), I'll be starving and craving carbs all day. It totally sucks to be so limited but it really works.
  • ClaireLK1987
    ClaireLK1987 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys for all the support and advice! I have managed not to cave
  • ClaireLK1987
    Options
    Can you see my entire reply? Am on my phone and it seems to have cut off 3/4 of it!
  • ClaireLK1987
    Options
    Ok it didn't show up, the gist of it is that I managed to save a lot of calories to have my favourite food tonight (curry! - it's an English thing, we love it) and even add some chocolate in there too, all within calories! Go me! lol. I also did a brisk walk for about 1 hr 15 and do feel a bit better. Still mad at the world but that probably won't change :tongue: Thanks again!