Need to loose 239 pounds!

Options
Hello,

I am 25 years old and weigh 439 pounds. I am hoping to get down to 200 pounds. that's a lot of work but i think i am ready. I have failed at loosing weight before but this time I have a wife and a 6 month old daughter to stay motivated for. I want to be able to play with my daughter instead of watching her play!

Replies

• tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well you've made the first step admitting that you want to change. Now I would say just identify small changes you can make now. I've failed before at loosing weight usually because I want to stop doing this, and stop doing that. I'm not able to work out as hard as I want to right now but, I have stopped "drinking calories" For instance I would go to 7-Eleven and get a double gulp Dr. Pepper. Then I'd say yea I'll have this with whatever it was lunch or dinner. At the time I didn't realize that the drink alone was over 600 calories!!!!!!!! With an unhealthy meal with that I have consumed my daily amount of calories in one meal for the entire day and probably hadn't none a lick of physical activity that day. Now I have a ways to go myself but I know I'm making better choices. Even when you track your calories you may eat something you shouldn't but don't give up. Log it and live with it. Just understand this particular item isn't good for you swap it with something healthier. I wish you the best of luck lets do it together :)
  • kmmykietiuk17
    kmmykietiuk17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Patience is a virtue! You did not gain the weight over night so do not expect to lose it over night! I'd say that's the biggest challenge for many of us, we want that instant gratification. But making lifestyle changes take time. Something I will do to help keep myself on track is get to know yourself, and especially your weaknesses. For me personally i CANNOT buy Ice cream or cheez its. I know myself well enough to know I will eat an entire box in a day or finish a carton of ice cream in 2 days. Do not set yourself up for failure by buying things you know you do not have the willpower yet to turn down or practice self control with. Give yourself no other option but to eat right by not buying the foods that brought you down this road. You can overcome this!!! You just have to give yourself the chance !! Good luck
  • Shredded_McGrunt
    Shredded_McGrunt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You'll do it this time! Love is a great motivator! Feel free to add!
  • Nillabeaners
    Nillabeaners Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I will be encouraging when I see your posts!
  • laurabolton1
    laurabolton1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    274 down to 196 here. Up and down and hell and back but feel free to add me if you want. My little girl is 4 and im nor planning on missing out on anything with her. :p
  • LaphroaigRules
    LaphroaigRules Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'll add u! I will support you everyday! You got this!!
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 lbs into a 150 lb (at least) journey. Here for support and encouragement. You can do this!
  • rshaw11
    rshaw11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have 190 lbs to lose, so if you want some support on your journey, I'll send you a FR
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    First step is already done. Which is admitting to a problem.

You need to post pictures -it'll take a lot of courage but do it- helps with accountability.

Keep in mind- patience and consistency wins a battle. ! Good luck
  • quickster147
    quickster147 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends. I have lost so far a total of 105lbs and i have to say it has been life changing. I have about 45lbs more to loss.
  • heatherkopacz
    heatherkopacz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of good advice here. I tell myself everyday what I want and need and it helps over come my weak moments. Just look at your family and know they love you and need you. Feel free to add me. And like others have said, it will not happen over night. Be patient with yourself.
  • Duneroller
    Duneroller Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    45lbs into a roughly 150lb journey here. Something that has really helped me that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet is to set smaller goals for yourself. Make a weight goal maybe 15 to 20 lb increments or a measurement goal and reward yourself with something small you've been wanting (preferably not food). I got to the point where stepping on the scale to see how much it had dropped was reward enough for me and motivates me to keep going.
  • DanIsLosingIt33
    DanIsLosingIt33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I plan on posting pictures of where I'm at now. That way I have something for me and other people to compare
  • DudeWhatTheFat
    DudeWhatTheFat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would love it if you'd add me! I'm currently fighting the same battle you are my friend. I am 507.8 lbs right now, and that is after dieting for two weeks, down from 516. Consider me your brother in arms! I'm doing this, I KNOW YOU CAN TOO!