Peanut butter addiction

Options
Help, I really can't stop eating the stuff lol, it pairs up nicely with bananas too.

Anyone else out there that really likes peanut butter?

Any healthy peanut butter recipes and combos???

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pb2? It's powdered peanut butter. It's pretty good, less fat, calories, and carbs. It's not the real thing, but is nice for cooking and smoothies.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I have a spoonful midmorning and midafternoon. Fills me up and helps me hit my daily fat goal. I just work it into my calories.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Why give it up?

I love PB .. I'll be having some for lunch.

I also love Almond butter.. but they are NOT interchangeable to me. They both have value in your diet. ( imho )

If you love it, just make sure it fits into your daily calorie count and you a G2G
  • Annabanana525
    Annabanana525 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter tends to be incorporated into my little treats that I have every so often. It's not shockingly bad for you and I find a little of what you want does you good xx
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I put peanut butter in my oatmeal sometimes.
  • wobchunk
    wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, I just made some protein pancakes and yes added some whole earth cruchy peanut butter on top with a little drizzle of date syrup.

Will try and get the right amount I need daily, I don't want to over do it.
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in moderation is good but it can mess with your metabolism because it is high in omega 6 and aflatoxin which can effect the probiotics in your gut. Switch to almond butter and you will burn more fat and increase your HGH to burn fat and create lean muscle. You can google it to research for yourself. Feel free to add me.
    Day 244, 700 miles, 31 lbs lost, 80 more to go.
  • majigurl
    Options
    Peanut butter in moderation is good but it can mess with your metabolism because it is high in omega 6 and aflatoxin which can effect the probiotics in your gut. Switch to almond butter and you will burn more fat and increase your HGH to burn fat and create lean muscle. You can google it to research for yourself. Feel free to add me.

How does Almond butter " burn more fat"?
    Foods don't burn more fat.
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is also a lot more expensive then peanut bytter; all non peanut nut butters are pretty pricey, in fact. I'd stick with regular old peanut butter.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I really like the pb2. Nice and thick with banana and a touch of syrup! pb2, I believe is 85% less fat that regular pb.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Yeah no. Replacing peanut butter with almond butter will not burn more fat and create lean muscle.

Eat whatever nut butter you enjoy; work it into your calorie goal.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    PB and avocado cookies. Seriously. It's gooooood! Recipe here:
    https://www.avocadocentral.com/avocado-recipes/peanut-butter-avocado-cookies
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Or, you can post the research to substantiate your claim.
  • GrooveMerchant
    GrooveMerchant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    PB banana combo is crazy satisfying.
  • wobchunk
    wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PB banana combo is crazy satisfying.

It sure is lol.
  • jennyloie1
    jennyloie1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1 Tb. Adams natural peanut butter on a salt free brown rice cake.

1 Tb. Adams and sugar free raspberry jam on a high fiber/low carb while wrest wrap.

1Tb. Adams with crunchy celery

Those are my go to's. All natural peanut butter is a great source of protein and good fats. Embrace that nutty goodness.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Apples and pb. Every day if I can.
  • majigurl
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    Apples and pb. Every day if I can.

Especially green apples! oh nom nom!

• kaykaur13
    kaykaur13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Where can u buy powder peanut butter In uk !

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options

Print out your BS, fold the paper over, cover it with peanut butter and eat it.

OP, I love the stuff. I get either Meridian or Whole Earth and I have it in porridge, on toast, on rice cakes, dark chocolate, omelette, on a brownie...not on the same day mind, but that would be an amazing day if I did and could get away with it.