Cardio

Options
I'm only doing a mixture of 30 day shred and BFBM on a daily rotation every day I try to get in an hour of exercise. I sweat quite a lot but don't feel I'm getting in enough cardio to get the scales moving, so far I only feel the muscles (especially in my legs) getting firmer & tighter and as big as I am you can't see a difference. . . . yet.

So any ideas on the best cardio exercises to do that burns fat/calories fast besides running/jogging?

Replies

• adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Insanity, awesome and intense cardio for sure.
  • emmajones321
    emmajones321 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love circuits! Short and sharp and varied, makes the time go quickly :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire. I love this dvd series. Its high impact cardio and HIIT series.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Remember that nutrition is 90% of weight loss. As much as we love exercise it is only 10% of what is done to lose weight.

That said 30 day shred is right on the money, that will get your heart rate up and working well. Cycle classes are great cardio workout and have no strain on the joints as does swimming.

I know you said no to running but look into C25K as a good cardio program and you may even surprise yourself and grow a love of running.

You have already lost an impressive amount of weight IN ONLY A FORTNIGHT!!!! The results will come, there is no quick fix (if there was everyone would be skinny right?)

Keep it up, you are doing well.
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do you do any weight training? Also, most effective workouts are interval trainings. Try bursts of cardio and then a strength move. Search on line for more on this. You should be able to get workout ideas as well. It's not all about cardio. Weight training will build muscle which in turn burns more calories.
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    I really want to get TurboFire but can't afford it at the moment ... maybe on payday :) So in the meantime I bought TurboJam (I'm in the UK and got it from Amazon for about £12). It is a great cardio workout! Fun and you work up a good sweat without really realising you're exercising! I highly recommend it! The DVD comes with 5 workouts including a 20 min Cardio, a 40min Cardio, an Ab workout and TurboSculpt (strength workout)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Insanity is good, i don't have the dvd but find the workouts on youtube...as most of my workouts lol! Also as someone else said, interval training is brilliant for burning cals, apparently they will still be burning after you've stopped exercising, they are what footballers do.
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Some great info here but there's a reason they call it Insanity as I'd be insane to attempt it hehe looked at some clips and I thought hell to the no! The fit people looked like they we're hurting so imagine how I'd feel, I can barely do any of it lol!

May look into turbo jam, I'm in the uk too so will look on amazon but I usually use the kinect for dancing aerobics.
    The only weight training I've been doing is with jillians dvds with 3lb dumbbells, your right I should be doing more.
    I don't hate jogging I just don't last long so its embarrassing and don't want to be seen in public doing it, guess I could try walking though how much walking is enough?

Thanks
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about what the public think...DON'T. You are out there improving your life, that is something to be proud of.

Look into couch to 5 k (C25K) it is designed to get people who don't run, (or think they can't) into running. Try it and you may be surprised.

I would also throw my support behind that other said about intervals and weights.