Peanut butter addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    kaykaur13 wrote: »
    Where can u buy powder peanut butter In uk !

Search on eBay or Cardiff Sports Nutrition for PB2 or PPB.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    Peanut butter in moderation is good but it can mess with your metabolism because it is high in omega 6 and aflatoxin which can effect the probiotics in your gut. Switch to almond butter and you will burn more fat and increase your HGH to burn fat and create lean muscle. You can google it to research for yourself. Feel free to add me.
    Day 244, 700 miles, 31 lbs lost, 80 more to go.

Print out your BS, fold the paper over, cover it with peanut butter and eat it.

OP, I love the stuff. I get either Meridian or Whole Earth and I have it in porridge, on toast, on rice cakes, dark chocolate, omelette, on a brownie...not on the same day mind, but that would be an amazing day if I did and could get away with it.

OMG...

I'm going to create a PB day!!! Set up all my calories and figure out what I can manage !! PB for breaky! PB for lunch! PB for summer! PB for snacks!

determined-challenge-accepted.png

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    My kids LOVE apples and PB for a snack at night!

I usually have my Ants on a Log for a daily snack:
    • 3 celery sections (about 4 inches long each)
    • Fill each with peanut butter (mmmm...)
    • Place raisins on each "log" (I use golden raisins)
    • Eat and enjoy!

I always choose peanut butter flavored bars and snacks, too. Larabar makes some PB flavored bars that I can eat up anytime! I always have a stash on hand at home in case of emergency (after dinner snack attack!). I used to love the Special K Protein bars in PB and chocolate flavor, too.

Just like everything else in this world: moderation. 2 tbsp. of PB is fine. A half of a jar, not so much. Same with pizza. I can have a few slices of pizza just fine, I just can't have the whole pizza anymore!
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add baked potato to that list. Good luck with your challenge, peanut butter goes with anything according to my body.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    For real...try some PB2 if you are looking to cut back. Personally I've only every baked with it but I don't eat much Pb myself.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter; have some daily. Measure cautiously. I take a teaspoon to a tablespoon at a time, no more.
  • srschick
    srschick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    apple slices with 2 tbs of Smuckers Natural chunky PB almost every day for my afternoon snack.
    PB isn't bad (the good quality ones) Just don't go overboard with it. Like with most foods, It's all about moderation.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in moderation is good but it can mess with your metabolism because it is high in omega 6 and aflatoxin which can effect the probiotics in your gut. Switch to almond butter and you will burn more fat and increase your HGH to burn fat and create lean muscle. You can google it to research for yourself. Feel free to add me.
    Day 244, 700 miles, 31 lbs lost, 80 more to go.

Nope, and nope. Just plain nope.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    I forgot to add baked potato to that list. Good luck with your challenge, peanut butter goes with anything according to my body.

PB and baked potato. What a concept!
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My fave weekend breakfast:

Banana "pancakes" (mash up a banana, whisk 2 eggs, mix together til smooth with a pinch of baking powder and a dash of vanilla). Cook like pancakes.

Weigh out 30g peanut butter and slather it between your cakes.

So yummy, filling, and only around 420 cals for the whole batch!
  • Beehappybaby
    Beehappybaby Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm....peanut butter!!!!!! Have you tried cashew butter? Or alnond butter. Theyre are some really healthy good versions out there :-D