Fit Friends

Options
Msanitag
Msanitag Posts: 48 Member
Hello! Nice to meet you and congrats on starting. I'm Anita, I am working to lose body fat and have been off and on for 3 years. My goal is to get to 15%. I'm currently at 27.5%.I love working out especially lifting. I also meal prep. Add me if you like! :) we can encourage each other!

Replies

• cute_n
    cute_n Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Anita,
    Wow! 15% it's really low for women, but anyway I wish you good luck and work hard. I'm also at 27.0% and I wanna lose it. Recently, I've fallen in love with powerpump class, I highly recommend it :)
  • Msanitag
    Options
    Thanks!
  • smash1234008
    smash1234008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey
  • Msanitag
    Options
    Hola!
  • Wolverine_76
    Wolverine_76 Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    cute_n wrote: »
    Hi Anita,
    Wow! 15% it's really low for women, but anyway I wish you good luck and work hard. I'm also at 27.0% and I wanna lose it. Recently, I've fallen in love with powerpump class, I highly recommend it :)

I agree 15% is low its not recommended for women to drop below 18%, but good luck to you just take care

• tom_worrall
    tom_worrall Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! X
  • Msanitag
    Options
    @Wolverine_76 I wasn't aware. What's the reason?
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yup you should stay in the 20s.. http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/
    Good luck though, feel free to add me! I'm going for under 20%
  • Msanitag
    Options
    Cool deal, thank you for the link. :)
  • Wolverine_76
    Wolverine_76 Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Msanitag wrote: »
    @Wolverine_76 I wasn't aware. What's the reason?

It's women make up they need fat more than men for fertility therefore as you age from a child to adults females body develops differently holding on to fat more, this is way females then start to develop breasts at this age. Even if you don't want/already have children it's still not safe to drop below these figures.

And ek is right with his figs, i thought you meant BMI with your question 18% is the minimum BMI you want to to drop too and 21-24% for body fat % is in the fit range
  • Msanitag
    Options
    Thanks guys, see that's why I'm on this site and need friends
  • 111bash111
    111bash111 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it, and reach a level you're comfy with. The info above is very right on and do consider it, however enjoy the journey towards a leaner you.
  • Msanitag
    Options
    111bash111 thanks!