5' females; around 35 and work a desk job?

Options
Curious what your daily calories are for losing weight? MFP has me at 1,200. I workout 6-days a week for at least a half hour. Burn an average of 250-calories with exercise. My current weight is 151. Thanks

Replies

• furmickc
    furmickc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, so close enough ;) I'm set to "lightly active" with exercise 3x week/ 60 minutes at a time. I actually work out 5-6 days a week. 45-60 minutes at a time. Current weight is 118, with goal of 110, hoping to lose 0.5 pounds/week. My calorie goal from MFP is 1360.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    1100 cals without exercise.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    4"11, 36y/o desk job. Current 112lbs, goal 105lbs. Calorie Goal is 1360, activity set to the lowest. Work out 4-6 days a week for 1 hour. I usually don't loose any wait for the first 4-67 weeks and after that mark is like boom! 10 pounds less....
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I can never figure out what having an office job has to do anything. But, people post that all the time. Anyway...

Workout before or after work.

I believe she was trying to explain her base activity level, and not find excuses for not exercising ;)
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" 157lbs 39y/o and work m-f 9-5:30p. I do anywhere from 1200-1400 cal p/day and try to get in 30-60mins of activity daily, even if it's just walking. Been losing about a lb a week no problem
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    5'1. 38 and own my business. on the computer all day.

i work out in the mornings (45-60 minutes on average). occasionally jog in the evenings. eat between 14-1500 calories most days.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    39, 5'2 120lbs. I try to average around 1800 cal/day. I walk an hour during my lunch break and then walk an hour in the evenings. I try to be active during the weekends with golf, dance, and maintaining the house.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am 35, 5'1", 120 and sit all day at a computer. I usually work out for an hour in the mornings, mostly cardio and some lifting. To lose I need to be at 1100-1200--right now I am averaging around 1400-1600 and maintaining. In an ideal world I would lose those last 10 pounds and get down to 110 but it is a serious struggle.
  • christi_sadler
    christi_sadler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh we should all be in a group!!! I only have one friend on this thing. It's nice for encouragement and to keep up the work... Ok so I am 36, 208 and 5' 2". I am in a desk job all the time. MFP has me at 1200 calories and exercise 3 times a day at 30 min... but I apparently need encouragement to do the exercise... by the time I have time, it's 8:30pm and I am tired. I know I need to get up earlier and do in the morning, but I am NOT a morning person.
  • minniesb69
    minniesb69 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im 37 5'1 and I sit on the phone all day. MFP has me at 1200 also. I work out daily and I aim for a calorie deficit. I do cardio on treadmill and weights for strength training. I weigh myself first thing every morning so I can see what my body is telling me about the day before. I am slowly be steadily loosing weight.
  • minniesb69
    minniesb69 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can never figure out what having an office job has to do anything. But, people post that all the time. Anyway...

Having a stationary job leaves you sedentary for most of the day which makes a difference in a weight loss journey. It makes a difference in how many calories you should take in, not about how often to work out. When you set up your MFP account it asked about your movement level at work because it matters.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

It's just to point out that they're not as active during the work day as someone who has a more active job.
    She did also say that she does 4-6 one hour workouts a week.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', 38, 115lbs, and work part time. I'm pretty active on my days off - log over 15k steps. Work days I log around 12k. I seem to maintain around 2000 calories. I have a big appetite though so 2000 never seems like enough!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    5'0", 110 lbs, 38 years old.
    I am pretty active (roller derby, rock climbing and lifting heavy) and lose on 1680 calories a day (including exercise). Down 30 lbs now.
  • amf0324
    amf0324 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

This. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But at the end of the week I'm usually averaging 1100 a day.