Protein Meal Replacement Shake-Suggestions

Options
Hi all- was wondering what you guys/girls are using for meal replacements. I do not like the fake sugar (chemical) taste most have. Any suggestions?? Lost 20 pounds on the Ideal Protein diet, but can't afford it anymore. I've gained 5 pounds back and trying to find motivation again. Was doing so goooood. :(

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    My advice on meal replacements is Don't.

Just weigh and log your food, keep to an appropriate calorie goal and you'll lose weight. No need to buy expensive products or trade food for liquid.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You won't get a lot of positive responses, after all this is a site where we measure portions & log food. Meal replacement shakes are a short-cut designed to get around all that "hassle."

I lost weight (years ago) using a meal replacement shake.....yet here I am again. Meal replacement shakes didn't give me the tools I needed to keep the weight off. Meal replacement shakes would not be a part of my maintenance plan.

I'm fat because my portions are too big, weighing & logging food addresses that..
  • liftweightspushharder
    Options
    As I am a mom of three and work, it has always been easier for me to drink my breakfast on my car ride into work at 6:45am. Most mornings, I am up at 4:30 AM getting kids ready to go to sitter and prepare myself for the day. I pack my snacks, kids school snacks/lunches made the night before. I understand this site is a logging food site, I have logged my food on here for the last 2-3 years, as well as weight watchers. I am not looking for a quick fix, I just don't have a lot of time in the morning to prepare my breakfast. AM Snack: (2) Hard boiled eggs, Salad for lunch with chicken or a yogurt, PM snack: unsalted almonds and a normal dinner with veggies and a protein. Thank you all for your suggestions.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Real food.

No time in the morning? Meal prep.

Idea: Sunday, make freezer breakfast sandwiches. English muffin/bread of choice, egg, meat protein of choice (or veggie) and some cheese. Pop in the freezer. In the morning, reheat in the microwave. Under 300 calories with a good mix of protein, fat and fiber to keep you full.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Try milk, peanut butter, Banana smoothie. Throw in berries or honey to sweeten or more nuts for protein
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    orgain makes an awesome line of organic no sugar added shakes and powders. I would also think about just making smoothies. you could prep part of it the night before and just blend it and go in the morning. much healthier for you. www.orgain.com for the premade option
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't know about any particular brand for meal replacement, but I just wanted to point out that a protein shake isn't a meal replacement...it's just a protein supplement. I've seen this a lot lately where people are somehow thinking a protein supplement is sufficient as a meal replacement, and it's not.
  • noevalleygirl
    noevalleygirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started using idealshape shakes. Even though it is a bit sweet...I love it. The shake has a good amount of protein + vitamins which I like @ 100 calories/scoop. I drink chocolate flavor + coconut milk, spinach, 1/2 banana, few blueberries & I'm full until noon! Unfortunately, I'm losing weight slowly probably due to my starting to take thepill. :)
  • liftweightspushharder
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like protein shakes on busy mornings. It can be difficult to find one that you like the flavor of. For a meal replacement, I always add frozen banana, milk, and berries to the protein powder. I got a few sample packets of different ones from the Vitamin Shoppe. To be honest, I'm still working on finding my favorite! Someone gave me samples of the Arbonne protein powder, and while it was delicious, I'm not paying that much.
  • rin1130
    rin1130 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use Fit miss protein powder. It's not a meal replacment, but I add things to it to bulk it up (peanut butter, fruit). It is usually on sale for $20 at Walgreens. I'm not gonna lie, it has a little bit of that protein shake taste at the end, but it is the best one I've tried for the price.
  • rin1130
    rin1130 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I can't stomach real food in the a.m., so it works for me for breakfast
  • dogs_n_wine
    dogs_n_wine Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrion Gold Standard 100% whey protein powder. I love it. It is low cal (120 for I scoop @ 24g of protein) and low carb and has great flavor! I mix mine with water because I hate milk and it's just added fat calories.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Whole fat milk, peanut butter, banana, whey protein. Takes 3 minutes and it has protein/fats/carbs
  • liftweightspushharder
    Options
    ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you have time to make a smoothie in the morning?
    If so, just get a regular protein powder and add in your bibs and bobs.