Over it.....

Options
How come when I starve myself (being dramatic not really) and eat healthy work out I gain weight? But then I eat like *kitten* and don't work out I loose weight? Like I am over wasting my time working out and eating healthy food if this is the outcome. What to do......

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    if that were truly the case - eat like crap and lose weight. done.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    if that were truly the case - eat like crap and lose weight. done.

there you go
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your intake accurately?
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Looks like you started this around Feb. 15 because I posted this in response to your request for help then:

1. Plug in your stats and your activity level. It will tell you how many calories to eat per day. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    2. Buy yourself a food scale and measure and weigh every single thing you eat every day to meet that calorie goal.
    3. Be patient and keep doing it every day. Trust the process.
    4. Don't get discouraged if you weigh yourself in a few days or a week and your weight is a bit up. Weight fluctuates on a daily basis. It's normal. Just look at the overall trend. The weight won't come off overnight.

Have you been doing any of this?

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's actually hard to find your right cals to loose weight consistently but losing weight shouldn't feel like a chore don't diet change your lifestyle
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'd wager you workout and eat "healthy" for a few weeks without actually eating at a calorie deficit or you eat healthy and workout for a week, get discouraged if you didn't lose as much weight as you wanted, then go back to old habits. The weight loss you already had catches up on the scale, as we hold water weight, and now you're associating the loss with eating like crap when in reality it was happening all along but you were too impatient to wait it out.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Try eating like crap and not working out for a couple of months, not weeks or days, and see what happens.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I'd wager you workout and eat "healthy" for a few weeks without actually eating at a calorie deficit or you eat healthy and workout for a week, get discouraged if you didn't lose as much weight as you wanted, then go back to old habits. The weight loss you already had catches up on the scale, as we hold water weight, and now you're associating the loss with eating like crap when in reality it was happening all along but you were too impatient to wait it out.

Yep.
  • JasmineEN_
    JasmineEN_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You will always lose weight in a caloric deficit. Weigh your food on a kitchen scale.
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    "Like I am over wasting my time working out...."

Firstly, this is going to be a problem if you wish to lose weight healthily and keep that weight off. Id recommend you start enjoying working out first because when its a chore you are less likely to stick to it.

Secondly, track your calorie intake. use scales. It doesn't matter one bit how healthy you eat if you are consuming more calories than you expend. The number one factor in losing weight is that you consume less calories than you expend. This alone will make you lose weight and you will not be relying on working out to reach your goals. When you get this right exercise can be done for enjoyment and it has the added bonus of speeding up your fat loss.