Anyone have an UP3 activity tracker?

Options
I bought one over the weekend. My best friend has one also but I'm still trying to learn to use it. So far I'm liking it. Thoughts? Comments?

Replies

• ThereseBowen
    ThereseBowen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 and it's really helping me! Let me know if you would like to do some challenges! Have a good day!
  • stellabest99
    stellabest99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Therese, I'd love to add you as a teammate on Up and MFP. Feel free to friend me :-)

Quick question for you: Does the UP2 have food issues like the app for UP3 does? It doesn't seem to know what to do with some of the food I log in MFP so it ignores it, throwing my averages out. Its very frustrating. I have decided that until it gets its act to together I will ignore the food tracker on my UP and continue with MFP for all things food.
  • stellabest99
    Options
    Hi There's. What's your UP username? I'd love to add u as a team mate
  • ladyjulius1
    ladyjulius1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to add me Kayla Leonard
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Therese, I'd love to add you as a teammate on Up and MFP. Feel free to friend me :-)

Quick question for you: Does the UP2 have food issues like the app for UP3 does? It doesn't seem to know what to do with some of the food I log in MFP so it ignores it, throwing my averages out. Its very frustrating. I have decided that until it gets its act to together I will ignore the food tracker on my UP and continue with MFP for all things food.

My UP3 does that and my UP24 did that too, I think it's a syncing problem but I'm not sure if it's because of Jawbone or MFP. I usually just it ignore it as well though and just pay attention to the calories I've taken in and how many I have left.

I love my UP3 though, it's the best purchase I ever made :).
  • oeagleo
    oeagleo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too, for some reason, the UP app thinks that the packaged Apple Slices (70 calories, with the lo-fat carmel) is a 2.7 on the healthy scale. Sorry, you can't convince me of that. But, I'm sure that if they (UP) are aware of that, then they'll address it in an update. I just got the UP3, replacing my Fitbit Charge HR, as it has a terrible battery life. (day and a half/2 days..)
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Got an UP3 a couple weeks ago. I really like it for the sleep tracking.

Steps not so much. I do walk at lunch and jog after work most days. It gives me an insane amount of calories for my steps though, like 3k+ every day. If only! I would be wasting away if that was true!

And agree with the food, it would give me a really high food score because I had coffee, brewed from grounds for breakfast which is like 5 calories. I don't know what it thought was so awesome about my coffee, but it really liked it, even though from my point of view, no nutrition.
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like my up 24 most days.
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love my UP 2. It works great with fitness pal and does everything I want except tell time. I may upgrade to a different model some time down the road but I am happy with it now! Please feel free to add me on UP. Jane Bussey
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Had an UP24 for about a year - it really helped me notice how inactive I was. And, while I knew that I did not get enough sleep, the UP app/ tracker was an eye-opener (pun intended.) I set the smart alarm to remind me about bedtime, and I set the Idle alert for 45 minute intervals during the day. The difference has been VERY noticeable.

I had started MFP to watch my calories a few months before the tracker. Never understood the UP food/calorie stats; so, MFP is my preference regarding calories/macros/etc. The combination of accountability between MFP for food & UP for activity/sleep have provided me with a solid base for becoming healthier. I had to do the work - but the data supported the progress and results.

Now I have the UP2. I don't NEED it; nevertheless, I like having the information and the REMINDERS - get UP from my desk... get UPstairs and go to bed... ;)
  • stellabest99
    Options
    bjaneb wrote: »
    I love my UP 2. It works great with fitness pal and does everything I want except tell time. I may upgrade to a different model some time down the road but I am happy with it now! Please feel free to add me on UP. Jane Bussey

Hi Jane,

I think I just successfully sent you an UP invite... let me know if it doesn't come through :-)
  • stellabest99
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Kayla, I think I just managed to send you an invite on UP as well... and if anyone wants to add me as a teammate on UP, I'm happy to make new friends :-)
  • Hmonie
    Hmonie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been using my UP for about 1.5 months and loving it! So far I only use it for steps, sleep and to log workouts. I've been thinking about using it with MFP soon to start tracking meals. Looking for new friends too, Harmonie Foster