IIFYM approach and counting excercises

Options
I am counting my macros and setting them at a certain percentage. My exercise during the day automatically raises these numbers way higher then I have set them and want. The only way I have figured out to keep my adjustments is to take off tracking exercises. But I don't like doing that. Is there another way that I can do it all? Thank you guys:)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Track your exercise as 1 calorie.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you want to track the exercise, but not have it adjust your calories, you can always manually adjust the calories burnt to 1 calorie. That way your goals won't adjust.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    They should work out to be roughly the same %...you're getting adjustments because when you exercise you need more calories...and your macros are what make up your calories.

Otherwise, most people who to IIFYM use the TDEE method in which case exercise is accounted for already in activity level and exercise isn't tracked on MFP or like others stated, they log it as 1 calorie.
  • LifeChange561
    LifeChange561 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    They should work out to be roughly the same %...you're getting adjustments because when you exercise you need more calories...and your macros are what make up your calories.

Otherwise, most people who to IIFYM use the TDEE method in which case exercise is accounted for already in activity level and exercise isn't tracked on MFP or like others stated, they log it as 1 calorie.

Thank you for this. I am putting my macros at lets say protein at 176. By the end of the day once I am close to meeting the 176 it jumps to way over 200 and throws me off. I am sorry if I am asking a dumb question just confused.
  • LifeChange561
    Options
    If you want to track the exercise, but not have it adjust your calories, you can always manually adjust the calories burnt to 1 calorie. That way your goals won't adjust.

Thank you for the help. The exercises are come straight from my fitbit I am not manually inputting them
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thank you for the help. The exercises are come straight from my fitbit I am not manually inputting them

you can delete them, ignore them, or unsynch.....
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I just disconnected my fitbit so it wouldn't sync over - problem solved.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I just disconnected my fitbit so it wouldn't sync over - problem solved.

That's pretty much all you can do.
  • LifeChange561
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yep - I use 1 calorie.