New scale question

Options
So, hubby bought a new scale. an electronic fancy one. I think this one somehow syncs with things, but I will never figure that part out... Problem is that it weighs me in at about 1 1/2 lbs higher than my old scale. I really don't care about the number itself, as I have been loosing slow but steady and I haven't been working too hard at it, so not really stressing about the number... I do like seeing my weight go down, since it is moving so slowly, every pound does feel like a victory.

BUT, how would you register your weight when you check in here? subtract a pound from the weight on the scale? Suck up the pound and just record what the new scale says?

Replies

• ChrisPontiff
    ChrisPontiff Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you plan to use the new scale from now on I would just go with the reading you're getting from it.

Do you have something around that you know the weight of that you can throw on each? Just to ensure that its calibrated correctly?
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know how to re-calibrate either scale as they are both digital, but that's a really good idea. See which one is closer to reality.
  • ChrisPontiff
    ChrisPontiff Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    All that really matters is that your weight keeps going down. Even though the new scale reads higher you seem to have it together where you're losing. So I wouldn't worry too much about it like you said.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    All that really matters is that your weight keeps going down.

Agreed. Though it's convenient to know your exact weight, even if the scale says you weigh 1,000 pounds, as long as it's 999 a couple days later, and 998 a couple days after that, etc., that's all you need. Then you see the real results in the mirror.