New Here

Options
So I've decided it's time to get healthy and be active! It is proving to be rather difficult. I have chronic pain issues and fibromyalgia so it's hard for me to want to exercise. My whole adult life my weight has hovered above the 175lbs mark, but over the past few years it crept up to 200lbs. My doctor has attributed this weight gain to a change in medication. My goal is to loose 59lbs. I don't need to be super skinny, because I know that this won't make me happy. I would just like to be smaller. So how do I motivate myself?

Replies

• MomScholar
    Options
    Since you have fibromyalgia, I would say to just take baby steps! My mom had it. It was always bad for 3 or 4 days if she overdid it one day. Therefore, just make sure you don't overdo it when you're trying to be more active. Even just 5 minutes of exercise here or there throughout the day can really add up! Pool exercises would probably be really great if you have access to a pool. I can do a lot more in a pool than I can with land exercises.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Kirstenmomof3
    Options
    Sorry it took so long to respond. I couldn't figure out how I found the forums! :laugh: I've decided (if it ever warms up) to walk to work. It will take about 20 minutes and I usually work 3-4 times a week.