JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (Feb.4th-Feb.10th)

Options
Good morning all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine...well...it was fine. I was at that wedding (which I mentioned) and that kept me busy Friday night and ALL day Saturday. And those two days were not bad...but yesterday was horrible! I was sooooo tired that I slept in until noon, got up and ate everything sweet in our house. Then my husband and I went out with the newly weds for dinner (ate horribly...very salty stuff) and then on our way home later that evening, picked up Dairy Queen! And not small ice creams but LARGE ONES!!!! HORRIBLE! Then we layed on the couch since we both couldn't move....were sooooo full!! So, needless to say...felt no need to weigh in this morning since I'm positive I'm retaining water. So, tomorrow I will weigh in and post again! Tonight we have a birthday dinner to go to (planning on portioning big time) and then my husband and I are going strait to the gym for a 2 hour hard core cardio workout! We need it! Yes! So, my weekend was fine...I'm not going to letit bother me too much! Now we are done with big things so back to the norm! I hope everyones weekends were a little more strict than mine! I'm interested to hear how you're doing and I'll post again tomorrow with my weight! Happy Monday!!!

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine...well...it was fine. I was at that wedding (which I mentioned) and that kept me busy Friday night and ALL day Saturday. And those two days were not bad...but yesterday was horrible! I was sooooo tired that I slept in until noon, got up and ate everything sweet in our house. Then my husband and I went out with the newly weds for dinner (ate horribly...very salty stuff) and then on our way home later that evening, picked up Dairy Queen! And not small ice creams but LARGE ONES!!!! HORRIBLE! Then we layed on the couch since we both couldn't move....were sooooo full!! So, needless to say...felt no need to weigh in this morning since I'm positive I'm retaining water. So, tomorrow I will weigh in and post again! Tonight we have a birthday dinner to go to (planning on portioning big time) and then my husband and I are going strait to the gym for a 2 hour hard core cardio workout! We need it! Yes! So, my weekend was fine...I'm not going to letit bother me too much! Now we are done with big things so back to the norm! I hope everyones weekends were a little more strict than mine! I'm interested to hear how you're doing and I'll post again tomorrow with my weight! Happy Monday!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • twinightash
    Options
    Don't feel bad... I fell off the wagon on Saturday night (was shown chocolate cookies and caved). Like you said Kistinbee, back to the norm. My weight remains the same this morning has it has for the last few weeks at 141.... very frustrating. Here's to a better week:smile:
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    Don't worry, you can jump right back up on that wagon. A fall now and then helps you keep things in perspective.

On the "downside" I did not make my goal weightloss for the month of January (I started 1/7 and the goal was to go from 150 to 144) BUT - the good news and what is more important is That I lost 4 inches overall! :happy: My weight this morning was 146.

In Saturday, I "discovered" the treadclimber at my gym - and I burned 1000 calories in an hour. That rocks!. My goal is to do the prescribed exercise from the other thread - and weigh in on 2/11 at 144.

Good luck everyone!
  • twinightash
    Options
    Wow.. 1000 calories burned is awesome. You must have been excited over that! I can't exercise as I want to right now. My husband has a buddy who has been staying with us since before Christmas and he's downstairs where my elliptical machine is. I have to wait for him to leave before I can use it plus I'm not comfortable exercising if I know he's there. He'll be gone by Friday of this week so I'm really looking forward to getting my house back and starting a strict exercise program. I need to shake this plateau I'm on.
  • erin1205
    Options
    Sara0628-wow! 1000 calories! That is awesome!

Kistinbee-don't worry about it! We are all going to have a few setbacks but the important thing is that you recognize it, accept it and get right back on track.

I just got back from the gym. Did 45 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes walking on the treadmill. I have a test today so I think I was stalling at the gym :)

I weigh on Wednesday morning...hoping I'll be at 182. Does everyone else way normally on Mondays?

Have a great day everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options

I weigh on Wednesday morning...hoping I'll be at 182. Does everyone else way normally on Mondays?

Have a great day everyone!

I usually weigh myself everyday. If the scale stays in the same place two days in a row, I consider it accurate. I chose not to weigh myself this morning since it will be an obvious gain (water retention I'm sure) but I will weigh tomorrow and see where I'm at. This is kind of what keeps me motivated (weighing everyday)...I never want to see the scale go up so I make good food choices and make sure to exercise!!

*kistinbee*
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    i usually only weigh wednesdays. both our kids have croup, i haven't slept thru the night in weeks! i caved in during the superbowl and had sunchips... a lot of sunchips. didn't eat much dinner. rocking 2 sick kids all day and night kinda ruins the appetite. the chips made me feel pretty awful. i haven't eaten garbage in a really long time. they just weren't worth it!
    have a good week everyone!
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Stepped on the scale this morning and I lost 4 lbs! :bigsmile:

Starting Weight
    1/28
    182 lbs

Today
    2/4
    178 lbs

Just got done working out... and eating an awesome lunch (broccoli and beef stir-fry). Can't wait to see what my weigh in will be next week!

Have a fabulous week everyone!!! :happy:

When you discover it's your choice and your attitude, things start to happen!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay guys! So, I weighed myself this morning (after hesitating forever) and I am actually DOWN! YEAH! I'm at 164! That's down 2 pounds from last week! YEAH! So, now I'm way pumped for my workout tonight! Last night I only got an hour of cardio at the gym (my husband wanted to leave *whine*). Tonight is Body Pump and Yoga and I'm looking forward to it! We are supposed to get a lot of snow tomorrow, so I'm really hoping we don't get snowed in (I get so bored!) I hope everyone else is doing well...the posts seemed good so far! I will check in again next week! Good luck to you all! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My week started out a little bad, I was supposed to be doing my upper body weight conditioning yesterday but work was so hectic that I never got a chance during lunch and then after work it was a choice between working out or going to my boyfriend's son's ice skating lesson, he's really stoke about these and I had to miss last weeks, so I went to the lesson instead.

I stayed under my 1200 calories though and today I'm going to do my weight training along with the cardio I would usually do today.

The scale is being stubborn and not moving as I would like. My period ended on Sunday but I still haven't seen much of a drop from water weight, but the good news is that I'm wearing a skirt today that used to be tight and now fits very well.

So, for this week I'm still doing the alternating weight training and cario. Probably do it for the next two weeks again. Would really like to be at 214 by Saturday but we'll see....

oh, and like Kistin, I've decided that my scale addiction is OK, and I weigh myself every day. It keeps me in check knowing I will see what I put in my mouth on the scale the next day. :smile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey there all challengers! I just thought I'd post again to bring this up on the board again. I weighed in this morning and am down to 163 and VERY excited! That's 20 pounds down since starting in November! Yeah! Only 23 more pounds to go to hit my goal weight! I'm POSITIVE I'll get there by July!!! Just thought I'd share my happy news!!! Have a great rest of the week all!!! I will start a new post on Monday!

*Kistinbee*
  • erin1205
    Options
    Kistinbee-great news!! Congrats! :drinker: You are undoubtedly well on your way to making your July goal! I have every confidence that we will all be there (and maybe a wee bit early!)

I weighed in yesterday and was down another 2lbs. So from 185 when I started two weeks ago and now at 181. I am very much looking forward to breaking into those 170s.

Today, I took my usual bodypump class and then was convinced by the instructor to take RPM (which is a spinning class) right after! Why I agreed, I have no idea, and my quads and butt are asking the same question! But, it did feel really good and it was addictive enough that I think I might try it again.

How's everybody else's week going? Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
  • kistinbee
    Options

I weighed in yesterday and was down another 2lbs. So from 185 when I started two weeks ago and now at 181. I am very much looking forward to breaking into those 170s.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! And same to everyone else! It's nice to see us doing this together!!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I really challenged myself yesterday. I usually stick to intervals on the eliptical and other than a 15 minute warm up I haven't been doing cardio on the days I weigh train. Yesterday I had so much energy that I decided to jump back on the eliptical after my weight training. I even tried a program that I would have stayed away from like the plague just a month ago. I did the cross-country program and oh my gosh! it kicked my butt! I am very proud to say that I was able to do the whole thing. Even when it popped the resistance up to 19 for 2 minutes! :happy: