I feel extremely sad

Options
Does any one have any tips on how to feel better?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What is making you sad? Anything specific?
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sow a seed: help someone who is in worse shape. They will get some help and you will feel better knowing you helped.
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Working out at the gym always helps me feel better.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Talking helps. And lifting heavy things helps, depending on how serious the underlying issue is.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Are you sad or are you depressed? Sad has a cause... depressed is a chemical imbalance. So my answer would be different depending on the circumstance.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Prayer and meditating on positive scripture and affirmations helps my sadness and depression. Exercising and listening to music help as well. However, if you are having intrusive thoughts, have prolonged sadness (not due to a recent loss or tragedy) and are not improving, I would recommended seeing a therapist and getting an evaluation to see if medicine is needed.

If you are feeling sad enough to think about harming yourself, please call 1 (800) 273-8255 (National Suicide Hotline).
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon. If extremely sad seems to have no immediate cause, and recurs or is chronic, please tell someone in your real life so you can find some real help. Depression is nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to mess around with.

If it seems more temporary than that, try talking to a friend, watching a movie you love, listening to music and dancing by yourself, working out your favorite way (a run or walk?), writing down a list of everything that gave you even a moment's contentment today, drinking water just on the off chance you're dehydrated :)

Good luck!
  • kimaklu
    kimaklu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. If a new or ongoing depression, definitely talk to doctor. If sad for no reason... Try helping someone, think about a time when you were really happy (childhood, dates, vacation, etc.).
  • hartmajella
    hartmajella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I am a very sensitive person and I get hurt pretty easily. It's really hard to deal with sometimes. I hope you feel better soon. When I feel sad, I like watching funny movies. Planes, trains and automobiles is my favourite movie to cheer me up. I'm here for you too if you need help. We could all use some help sometimes. xxx
  • jazminxcx
    jazminxcx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I was feeling incredibly sad on Monday night, enough think about harming myself. I decided to follow an old therapist's advice and write about my feelings. I wrote about why I felt sad. It was pretty simple, but my head felt a lot clearer afterwards, and although I still felt sad, it was much less overwhelming. If you're the type who likes music, I would recommend listening to a few upbeat songs too. Hope this helped xxx :)