What am I doing wrong??

Options
So I have been at this for about 6 weeks now and I have only lost about 2-3 lbs. Granted I wasn't perfect during the holidays but I still managed to work out. I am doing the couch to 5k running program and I am on week 5 of it. I am also doing strength training a couple times per week.

The majority of days I stay within my calories and I don't always eat all of my exercise calories. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to lose 30 lbs before my wedding on August 1.

Any suggestions would be good!! Thanks!

Replies

• mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    So I have been at this for about 6 weeks now and I have only lost about 2-3 lbs. Granted I wasn't perfect during the holidays but I still managed to work out. I am doing the couch to 5k running program and I am on week 5 of it. I am also doing strength training a couple times per week.

The majority of days I stay within my calories and I don't always eat all of my exercise calories. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to lose 30 lbs before my wedding on August 1.

Any suggestions would be good!! Thanks!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    How are you doing with drinking water? That really does help you out so much!! Maybe you should eat more of your exercise calories?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Start eating your exercise calories. How are you with drinking your water? Also the first six weeks was during the holidays so maybe you'll see more results now. But remember slow and steady wins the race.:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Considering you only have 30 lbs to lose, I would say that you are pretty much on track. if you haven't read the newbie threads yet, you should. It gives a lot of information.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Basically, for your question, it boils down to this:

The closer you get to your goal weight, the smaller the weight loss/week will and should be.

Someone who is 70 lbs overweight will lose weight faster then someone who is 30. It's based on a lot of factors, but that's generally the rule. There are exceptions, everyone is different, but generally, if you are in the overweight category (as opposed to obese or morbidly obese) you will lose weight slower. That link above will go into details, but that's the gist. Patience is pretty much the key, patience and persistance.

good luck
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    I am having the same issues as you mags06. I joined the same time and haven't lost much either. I am following the info on this site just as you are. I only want to lose 10 pounds and it is very slow down a pound then up a half, then down a half.....I am just going to keep on keeping on...somethings gotta give soon I figure.
  • mags06
    Options
    Well I am drinking about 60-65 ounces of water per day...sometimes a lot more.
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The first few months are the hardest! But you have to stick with it and stay on track it will pay off big time!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of feeling the same way. :ohwell:

I'm really disappointed, I'm doing everything right, and the scale is not only not moving - it sometimes goes UP! :noway:

Hang in there! You ARE getting healthier, even if the scale doesn't say so. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • mags06
    Options
    Well I weighed myself this morning and I had lost some more weight! So now I have lost 3 lbs!!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Yeah for you...Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat. It looks like you're exercising a lot do your clothes feel looser? Have you taken your measurements to see if you're losing inches? :flowerforyou:
  • mags06
    Options
    Well some days I feel my clothes are looser, but who knows! I took a few measurements but I never know if I am measuring in the exact same place!