Extra long day - advice?

Options
Hi i am going on a mini road trip on sat to a car show ( joy!) i will be up and driving at 4 am and probably will not get home until midnight, now this is much long than i would normally be moving (o awake for that matter!)around for plus all the walking once i get there, how should i adjust my cal intake? should i eat breakfast at 4 before i leave..?

Replies

• jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    if it were me, i'd pack my food. breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks... whatever you'll need

oops i didn't really answer did i? if you're hungry at 4, then you should it, but if not, i'd wait about an hour and then eat. I've always heard you should eat within an hour of waking up to start your metabolism.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Since they say you are supposed to eat within an hour of being up, I would say at least have something before heading out. And I would make sure I brought a bunch of healthy snacks with me for the day.
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    If that is longer than you would normally be awake, I'm sure you will get extra hungry at some point...just make sure you take lots of portable snacks to curb those temptations that come with a road trip. Some almonds, baby carrots, apple slices, grapes, cheese, whatever is convenient and healthy and filling! And don't beat yourself up if you consume a few more calories than you might normally. You'll be walking around a lot to make up for part of it, right?