In need of loosing a stone

Options
It just doean't seem to be happening. I joined a gym about 3months ago and I have been doing, body pump, pilates and recently body attack. My weight does not seem to have changed and it makes me feeling hungrier.
Also my job is at a desk allday and it is very quiet at the moment - boredom as made me seek food for comfort. I would love to loose a stone but not sure it will happen - :(
Found this site and I'm going to start tracking calories and hope to see a change over the next few months. What do you guys think of the site....

Replies

• liam_mccaff
    Options
    Hi Sammy i also work behind a desk but have been able to lose 17lb so far my secret is good old fashioned road running but with the help of addidas micoach app on my phone have you heard of this?
  • nldsmiley
    nldsmiley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love it! and you will love it too!! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • RubyA2011
    RubyA2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    i love MFP. my weightloss has been fairly slow in comparison to others but for me this isnt a race its a lifestyle change.

the support is fantastic (i love my mfp friends!!)

feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Same here. Been working on my diet and exercise for a two weeks. Lost a little and gain a little. I dont see the numbers on the scale that much, but I feel it wearing my clothes. Don't give up. It will happen.
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Its great you can do it
    Just make sure you remember to add everything to your diary and drink plenty of water
    I dont get much time to work out but im seeing resukts already
    good luck
  • liam_mccaff
    Options
    Ruby is definately right its not a race and doesnt happen overnight we all have different metabolisms but if you continue track your calories and be disciplined you will get the results desired!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    You're hungrier because of all the exercise you're doing. you need to eat more.myfitnesspal is awesome. it makes me accountable for what and how much i'm eating. and you can also log your exercise. it isn't perfect.you need to check the labels on your food when you first start logging to make sure what you're putting in your food diary is accurate. and the exercise calories burned per hour may be a bit high, but overall just listen to your body.make sure you're drinking tons of water, eating fruits/veggies, and making good lifestyle adjustments and the weight will fly off sooner rather than later. it's a journey/struggle, but you'll get there. :smile:
  • sammy2672
    sammy2672 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks every one for your encouragement, I have a partner that stays slim no matter what he eats and he is definately a chocolate monster.
    We are planning a trip abroad in August and I would love to look good in a bikini by then. Fingers crossed:happy: :