Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

P90X vs. Insanity?

2»

Replies

• stephelan
    stephelan Posts: 81
    What you're looking for is important too! The Insanity workouts are shorter and it's only 60 days long as opposed to 90, which is a plus. However, I thought P90X was more friendly. I like Tony Horton better than Shaun T. He's more of nerdy encouragment over screaming at you to push yourself. (And Tony didn't badtouch his female assistants as much.) Plus, I couldn't finish an Insanity workout and actually have done everything. (I know you're supposed to work up to that but as someone who found P90X to be just the right speed, I didn't expect to struggle with Insanity so much. Especially after three and a half weeks!)

A lot of my friends weren't crazy about Insanity either. I would definitely recommend P90X HIGHLY over Insanity.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    P90X2 will be coming out soon. Pre-orders will start in August. I can't wait. For now, I will continue my Insanity Journey.
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Personally i would suggest p90x first to get into shape for insanity, I finished p90x a couple weeks ago and since have started an insanity p90x+ hybrid, and the insanity portions are still kicking my butt.

you really cant go wrong either way. insanity is a bit more fast paces, there is a little more teaching and rest in p90x but they both produce results.
  • I'm doing both right now (Insanity and P90X) I started P90x a few months ago but never finished..workouts were too long and got boring for me...I LOVE Insanity!!! It's fast, motivating and when you finished you feel like you lost 5lbs in sweat alone. I'm doing P90x for the strength training and ab routine and Insanity for the cardio....Hoping to finish both this time! Anyone else doing/has done a combination of the 2?
  • Loray88
    Loray88 Posts: 2
    I have both programs and like most people say they are both pretty awesome. I like Insanity because you don't need any equipment just your body. I am starting Insanity right now and I have a love/ hate relationship with it. I want to do P90x (I've done it before), but I want to make sure I have all the right equipment. My plan is to do Insanity and then follow it with p90x I want to build my stamina before all the strength training with P90x. Either way you are going to see results with either one. Good luck with whatever you do and just remember don't give up!
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    I am also doing the P90X Lean version. Good information from everyone. Thank you. I am restarting the first week, since I didn't get all the workouts in.