Anyone 5"6

Options
...........and a UK size 14?

I would like to know what weight you are. I am currently a UK20 in trousers and 18 in tops. I have a wedding to go to in October, and I want to buy myself the most STUNNING dress, and I am thinking of buying it now in a size 14. I just want to know what weight I would need to get down to, and therefore if it is achieveable.

Replies

• TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can lose inches and not weight but generally a size 14 is around 12.5 stone to 14.5 stone depending on height =. i am 5 3" and i'm a size 14 and i weigh about 13.5 stone.

Hope that helps x
  • littlemissgreedy
    littlemissgreedy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 5'6 and a size 14 trousers and 16 top. I weigh about 12st 7, but what size you would be at this weight depends upon your body shape. Hope this helps. x
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    Hiya im 5"6 and am currently a small 14/large 12 and i am 11 stone 3. Youve got a good chuck of time to get down to a 14, you can do this, good luck. xx
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". When I was 150 lbs I was still wearing mostly size 12 clothes but they were pretty snug. I'd have been more comfortable in a size 14 I think but didn't want to buy bigger stuff!

Of course you can get there if you put your mind to it! You are doing so well!
  • kaizo
    kaizo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm 5' 5.5" and i'm into my size 14 clothes now at 12st 6lbs, i'm an hour glass shape. However my mum is 5' 6" and is under 12st and is a size 16, she's an apple shape tho. Dont know if that helps at all? x
  • karocal
    karocal Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi im 5" 5 and i weigh 164 lbs ,11st 10 lbs and im a size 14.. Good luck with your weight loss :smile:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    it depends on your frame.

When i was a 14, i was about 10.5 stone, but ive got a friend whos nearer 12 stone and is a 12/14
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am 5ft 7" so hope my imput helps. i was a size 14 @ 12 stone 8lb, a size 12 @ 12 stone 1lb, a size 10 at 10 stone 10lb, and a size 8 at 9 stone 12lb. i have found for every inch i loose on my waist (it takes 5lb)
  • doomface
    doomface Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there I'm 5ft 5 and a size 14 and weigh 13st 5lbs (186lbs) I'm a bit bigger on the bottom half so size 14 dresses fit me well and i usually find a size 16 too big. I always thought i should be bigger for my weight as other people that have told me they wear the same clothing size as me are up to a stone or stone com a half lighter! I suppose everyone's different :) best of luck with your goal ;) xx
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    so unfair!! when i was 13.5 stone, i was nearer an 18/20

i always seem to take a bigger clothes size or two than other people do for the same weight
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it helps or not but i'm 5'5 1/2 and have just got into a Monsoon size 14 dress for my brothers wedding. Allbeit a little tight across the chest!! I've got 2 weeks to sort that out!! I currently weigh 13st 12. I guess it just goes on the person, everyone's different. xx
  • hollagolla
    hollagolla Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5.6 and weigh 158lb and am more comfortable in a size 14 than 12.
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Wow! Interesting that there's such a wide weight range ... I'm 5'6 and size 14 is my aim (I'm a size 18 now at 215lb), though a 12 would be the ultimate dream. I'm aiming for a goal weight of 150lb which is the highest weight in the 'normal' BMI range ... but will see WHEN I get there :)
  • doomface
    doomface Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey suzycreamcheese :) I know it's weird how we can all be such drastically different sizes at the same weight as someone else. It can be so easy to concentrate on the weight thing rather than how we fit into our clothes. when somone tells ya they weigh a lot less it can be like....dagnammit.....and you feel like you've got so much further to go! My sis is heavier than me and is more apple shaped....but i totally wish i had her legs!!
  • roxybubbles
    Options
    I am 5'6 and was in a size 14 at around 13 to 14 stone. Now am 12st 2lbs and size 10 top/dress/skirt and 12 jeans/trousers(damn you big bottom!). You will get in that dress, buy it! x
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wow! Interesting that there's such a wide weight range ... I'm 5'6 and size 14 is my aim (I'm a size 18 now at 215lb), though a 12 would be the ultimate dream. I'm aiming for a goal weight of 150lb which is the highest weight in the 'normal' BMI range ... but will see WHEN I get there :)

You're aiming for the same as me. I am 7lbs heavier than you. I might call on you for motivation if I get stuck! :smile: