Last 10 lbs

Options
Those last 10 pounds are almost impossible to lose. I'm 58 and 151.4 as if today. I upped my cals from 1200 to 1350. Doing a combo of weightlifting, body weight, and circuits. I want to get to 142. Hope I'm doing everything right

Replies

• trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    What is your height?
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft female. I got down to my 'goal' weight of 127lbs. I've since put on 6lbs but feel better at 130. Trying to lose the last 3lbs. ...I'm like a yo yo! Keep at it. ..In for the long haul. :blush:
  • laurenduck05
    laurenduck05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to loose my last 10lb to get to 130lb (5'5) it's soooo hard!
  • mitchell197247
    mitchell197247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've got about 15 more to go but the scale hasn't moved in a month.
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6"
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just stay in a mild deficit and keep doing what you're doing. There's nothing abnormally hard about it, it's just a mental thing.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    chuckyjean wrote: »
    Those last 10 pounds are almost impossible to lose. I'm 58 and 151.4 as if today. I upped my cals from 1200 to 1350. Doing a combo of weightlifting, body weight, and circuits. I want to get to 142. Hope I'm doing everything right

Weight loss will be slower, but not necessarily harder, as your weight drops. Your body fat can only provide a certain amount of calories (31) per pound per day. You have to be meticulous on your counting. "The last ten" is a bit arbitrary. Healthy BMI has a range of 30-60 pounds (depending on your height).
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 10 pounds, too. I've decided I'm not going to worry about how fast it happens. I am simply going to eat at a deficit until I lose the weight. I've calculated my TDEE, so even if I don't hit my daily calorie goal of 1300, as long as I am at SOME type of deficit, even a small one, I will be working steadily toward my goal. Some days my deficit will be tiny, other days it will be bigger. But I'm not going to stress about it.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm also on the last 10 pounds to goal. I'm 55 and 5'5". Currently 156ish and wanting to be 145. It's been a slow and steady loss with ups and downs over the past year. It took me that long to lose 25, so if it's another 6 months for the last 10, then so be it. I didn't gain the weight overnight, so it's not going to come off that fast either.

I decided to concentrate on just being as healthy as possible, eating a slight deficit and exercise. I do a mix of cardio, yoga, and strength training. I can certainly see and feel a difference from this time last year, so that's progress! Keep at it, it will happen!!
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last 10lbs. Last week was my normal 1lb loss. I'll just have to see how it pans out. If I start only losing 1/2lb a week or have a STS [stay the same] so be it.
  • chuckyjean
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I'm also on the last 10 pounds to goal. I'm 55 and 5'5". Currently 156ish and wanting to be 145. It's been a slow and steady loss with ups and downs over the past year. It took me that long to lose 25, so if it's another 6 months for the last 10, then so be it. I didn't gain the weight overnight, so it's not going to come off that fast either.

I decided to concentrate on just being as healthy as possible, eating a slight deficit and exercise. I do a mix of cardio, yoga, and strength training. I can certainly see and feel a difference from this time last year, so that's progress! Keep at it, it will happen!!

I guess I should be grateful that it only took me 3 months to lose 20 lbs
  • trjjoy
    Options
    Your maintenance calories for 142 pounds at 5 foot is 1590. You're eating too much.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in the last 7-10 lbs too and I'm 5ft 8. It is very slow now but even if I only lose 1-2 lbs a month thats fine with me since I'm in it for the long haul. As long as that happens and I continue to make improvements in the gym I'm happy :) I only lost 2 lbs this last month but my tummy looks so much better and I have definitely been getting stronger. Just have to keep at it. Feel free to add me guys and gals :)
  • trjjoy
    Options
    You're eating close to maintenance if you're only losing 1-2 pounds a month, @FrustratedYoYoer
  • VelvetMerkin
    VelvetMerkin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds are pretty much the same as any other 10 pounds. Track meticulously, eat in a deficit, and be patient. You may have to adjust your intake if you have lost a decent amount of weight to compensate for the fact that your smaller body now need less energy to maintain itself.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last 7lbs I found I was getting a bit lax so what I've done is look back on MFP at my food and exercise from a week that I successfully lost 2lb and basically recreate it as closely as I can...eat the same foods, eat the same quantity/weights of food and same exercise and it worked lost 2lb.
    You're so close now it's worth the hassle to get those last few pounds off.
    Good luck you can do it!
  • chuckyjean
    Options
    I'm in the last 7-10 lbs too and I'm 5ft 8. It is very slow now but even if I only lose 1-2 lbs a month thats fine with me since I'm in it for the long haul. As long as that happens and I continue to make improvements in the gym I'm happy :) I only lost 2 lbs this last month but my tummy looks so much better and I have definitely been getting stronger. Just have to keep at it. Feel free to add me guys and gals :)

What are u doing for your tummy, that is my problem area
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    @trjjoy she just said she's 5'6"
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I have no advice, just well wishes. I'm seven lbs off the dreaded last ten myself. Be patient maybe and accept a slower pace. My only other suggestion is you really try to determine your current lean body mass. There are measurement algos for that, or a DEXA scan an be had for about $125. The reason I say that is my current LBM worked out to about 124 lbs. If I were trying to get back too close to that weight I would only be frustrated.
  • trjjoy
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    @trjjoy she just said she's 5'6"

Thank you, @scolaris

Your maintenance calories are around 1700 calories, OP. You have a deficit of around 300 calories. At what rate do you want to lose weight? Right now, you're set for weight loss of around 0.6 pounds a week.