CoolSculpting??

Options
Hope2BFit81
Hope2BFit81 Posts: 77 Member
Has any one done the CoolSculpting procedure? I have a consultation on Friday, just wondering if it is worth the time/money and how effective it has been for you. Pictures would be wonderful, and any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I had two consultations with two different plastic surgeons for CoolSulpting, liposuction, and/or surgical fat removal for a particularly unusual fat roll deposit I have on my backside. Both surgeons were extremely curious and fascinated by my severe "dischemia" (literally "odd shape") in a "wow! I've never seen anything like that! I wonder what made your body do that!" kind of sciency-geeky sort of way. But both independently concluded that I was not a candidate for either the freezing or lipo.

It was explained to me that those procedures are for "chicken fat"-- that is, the creamy white fat that is not intramuscular-- like the stuff you can pull easily off a raw chicken breast and leave the muscle tissue behind. My butt, on the other hand, is apparently "beef fat"-- which is marbled with muscle and blood vessels like a piece of cheap chuck roast. :-(

So for me, the only option would be surgery-- and it would be a major cutting job (scar basically the full width of my *kitten*) and a long recovery period with a high chance of infection.

Hope your news is better!
  • ColeNJK
    ColeNJK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had CoolSculpting on my stomach last year and loved it! It took 4 sessions but I feel like I’m finally down to a place that I haven’t been at in over 15 years. Not sure if you’re into the blogger scene, but this one gives a pretty good description of experience: http://weheartthis.com/2016/03/08/i-got-coolsculpting-and-heres-what-happened/.

My tip is to bring something to do – the procedure is an hour long and I was bored my first session. You should ask your doctor if they have WiFi so you can bring your iPad & watch Netflix, it makes it go by so quickly! I’ll probably go back & have my thighs done once I can set enough cash aside for it.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion...............it's a scam. I've seen the "results" from 2 people who had it done and wasn't very impressed at all. Especially when I heard of the cost.
    HD liposuction would be a better choice IMO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ColeNJK
    ColeNJK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    My personal opinion...............it's a scam. I've seen the "results" from 2 people who had it done and wasn't very impressed at all. Especially when I heard of the cost.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

But lipo is invasive, CoolSculpting isn't, so for those of us who hate needles & can't stand anesthesia, it's a much better choice. I guess it depends on how much fat you have & how much you want to get rid of. Doesn't HD lipo cost 4x as much??
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    CoolSculpting is a big sham. SculpSure is a much better treatment option. My mom has tried both and only saw results from SculpSure (which were pretty impressive). Both are non-invasive and have the same concept/recovery time.
  • 4pancakes
    4pancakes Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My husband did it twice. We didn't see any change. He ended up having lipo after that with some success. The rest of his problem area is just skin/tissue that he needs to learn to live with.

ETA: He is a 6'0" ~155 lb guy. He had a little flab in his stomach area after losing about 50 lbs.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    ColeNJK wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

But lipo is invasive, CoolSculpting isn't, so for those of us who hate needles & can't stand anesthesia, it's a much better choice. I guess it depends on how much fat you have & how much you want to get rid of. Doesn't HD lipo cost 4x as much??

can we see your before and after?
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My friend tried it a few months ago and is not at all happy with the results... or, more specifically, lack of results. Note that she tried it as an alternative to modifying her diet to decrease caloric intake (losing weight the slow way). Part of it is certainly expectations, so research CoolSculpting carefully to have a realistic idea of what it can actually do for you.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It was explained to me that those procedures are for "chicken fat"-- that is, the creamy white fat that is not intramuscular-- like the stuff you can pull easily off a raw chicken breast and leave the muscle tissue behind. My butt, on the other hand, is apparently "beef fat"-- which is marbled with muscle and blood vessels like a piece of cheap chuck roast. :-(

I just ate lunch. Now, with all this talk of beef and chicken, I'm hungry again.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it. I had tumescent lipo done with my tummy tuck. There are lots of reviews with pictures on Realself.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just seen an advert.... it turned an innie belly button to an outie belly button..hmmmm.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Okay so here's my problem with this procedure. They say it takes up to 6 weeks to see results. Who's to say the person that got the procedure didn't do something different in those 6 weeks to lose those inches? How can the doctors be sure that it was the procedure that actually took off those inches rather than just change in exercise and eating habits?
  • Hope2BFit81
    Options
    This is what I'm working with.... pooch and strechmarks and fat!

m2t2zzyxh9kg.jpg
  • Hope2BFit81
    Options
    mods will remove this soon lol
  • Hope2BFit81
    Options
    I apologize for the lifesize view.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I was also looking at this. The one in my town says right on the site that it is for people who are committed to making a lifestyle change and it won't take the place of dieting. I want to lose about 50 lbs, so I think I will try it when I hit 20 lbs lost- by them I'll have a healthier life style!
  • lizalots
    lizalots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was part of a clinical trial for the procedure. They did ultrasounds of the fat layers before and after the produce. There was a visible reduction of the subcutaneous fat layer three months after the procedure. Not sure of it was more than an inch or so in real life, but it definitely removed fat.

I have to say that even though I personally didn't notice much difference, several people told me that I looked as though I'd lost weight (which I hadn't because part of the trial was staying within the 5lbs of starting and I actually went UP two pounds).

I don't know if it's worth the extreme cost. Mine was free due to the trial. It was a little uncomfortable at the time. I don't know that id pay for it, since my one sitting would have cost around 2k. Good luck!
  • Jim_1000
    Jim_1000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You have come a long way and have done an awesome job! Be proud of your accomplishments, you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!