CONSTANTLY HUNGRY

Options
Hey everyone! So I'm eating well, working out and drinking lots of water, however, I'm hungry every 1.5hrs roughly. Whats your experience?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry maybe once or twice a month. An open diary might give us an insight.
  • krysiia
    krysiia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    I'm hungry maybe once or twice a month. An open diary might give us an insight.

Done! :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Lots of red ink ;-)

I would try to eat more protein and fats and less carbs / sugars especially in the morning. Sounds like you're riding a blood sugar roller coaster. If a banana has you hungry after 90 minutes then eat something different like peanut butter.
  • Wolverine_76
    Wolverine_76 Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary and you seem to be eating enough cals, you need to look at the types of foods you eat. For breakfast I would have something like porridge oats its a low GI food which means it realises it energy slowly and makes you feel fuller for longer if your hungry every 1.5 hours that suggest to me that your eating high GI foods these foods your body uses really quickly so your blood sugar spikes and drops quickly so your hungry again. Things like apples are a low GI food too great as a snack between meals.
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You need more protein and a bit more fat! Eggs in the morning are my favorite and tide me over....
  • krysiia
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary and you seem to be eating enough cals, you need to look at the types of foods you eat. For breakfast I would have something like porridge oats its a low GI food which means it realises it energy slowly and makes you feel fuller for longer if your hungry every 1.5 hours that suggest to me that your eating high GI foods these foods your body uses really quickly so your blood sugar spikes and drops quickly so your hungry again. Things like apples are a low GI food too great as a snack between meals.

Well that makes sense... I shall expirement! Thank you
  • krysiia
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Lots of red ink ;-)

I would try to eat more protein and fats and less carbs / sugars especially in the morning. Sounds like you're riding a blood sugar roller coaster. If a banana has you hungry after 90 minutes then eat something different like peanut butter.

I know. Its hard to stay around 1200. Id have to sleep all day to accomplish that haha.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I will open my diary, I'm at 1200 kcal and I am not sleeping all day so you can have a look if you'd like. :)
    I can see you are eating lots of fruit...and healthy as it is, it will give you a boost of sugar that doesn't last very long so that can cause your hunger...
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world I'm always hungry but it's mostly head hunger I just drink water or do something keep my mind off food
  • krysiia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! Helping a lot
  • Wolverine_76
    Wolverine_76 Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world I'm always hungry but it's mostly head hunger I just drink water or do something keep my mind off food

thats true too, along with what i said to you earlier, hunger signs get confused with dehydration eat 3 meals a day and snack in-between low GI foods hydrate when you eat as it helps the body with digestion too, if still hungry drink water first and leave it 15 minutes
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like to take a look. Like others, I'd definitely cut back on the carbs and increase your fats and proteins. If you are going to have an apple, have some peanut butter or cheese with it. If you have a sandwich, use some ripe avocado as a nice spread. Cook your eggs in fat. Things like that. Good luck to you!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm not very balanced with my carbs/protein/fats either. I felt like I was eating mainly because my stomach burned all of the time... I didn't have reflux though. I went to the doctor and found out I do have acid reflux, just not where it comes up into the esophagus. I was put on medication and now I find keeping to my calorie count much easier. I hate to say pills are the answer... but in my case, it definitely helped! My goal is to lose enough weight to get off of them, though!!

Shannon