I don't drink enough water.....

Options
kwohl
kwohl Posts: 58 Member
I know that I don't drink enough water and it's a struggle.....does weight come off faster the more water you drink?

Replies

• 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I believe that the water thing is an urban myth. On here, it suggests that we drink 8 glasses of water. No adjustment on that whether you weight 45kgs or 145kgs. smh. I'm convinced that you just need to drink when you're thirsty. Drink as much or as little as you want. Just try and avoid high calorie soft drinks - wasted calories!
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    294Rich wrote: »
    I believe that the water thing is an urban myth.

I agree. If you're thirsty drink, if not you're probably not dehydrated.

kwohl wrote: »
    does weight come off faster the more water you drink?

No, but you may find that drinking water blunts your appetite and so can make it a little easier when on reduced calories.

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Colour of your pee is good indicator of hydration. Dark yellow need more fluids, clear or barely any color drink less fluids, pale yellow just right fluids.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have a big big problem drinking water... If I don't pay attention I don't remember to to drink any until well in the afternoon. However our bodies get 'water' through what we eat as well so that's my saving grace I guess. I do try to make effort to drink more. As far as appetite goes, I feel more hungry when I drink more water. Guess I'm weird like that :D
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I vaguely feel like I've seen articles that claim more water helps with fat oxidation. Whether or not that's true I certainly do notice a difference in ease and endurance when I'm exercising well hydrated vs. not. As far as amounts go the most recent rule of thumb is to aim for around half an ounce per lb of bodyweight. I'm just over 200 at the moment and find it pretty easy to hit 100 oz every day by keeping a 16oz glass within reach and factoring in coffee and tea. The most difficult part is forcing myself to limit liquids after dinner so I'm not getting up in the middle of the night!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    drinking water will not help you lose weight. now, some people confuse thirst with hunger. you drink to stay hydrated, and the amount can be different for different people ....

n9p2ffkfkkpj.jpg
    2.jpg 84.4K
  • StealthHealth
    Options
    Urine colour is useful but be cautious as urine colour can be affected by foods.

I take an effervescent vit C tablet in the morning. If I have the orange flavour (which contains a yellow food colouring) urine is bright yellow at next toilet visit. If I take the blackcurrant flavour (which contains a purple food colouring) urine is pale straw colour.

Carrots, asparagus, beetroot, rhubarb can all cause colour changes.
  • StealthHealth
    Options
    ... and liver
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I could never drink as much water as 8- 8 ounce glasses a day. I'm a teacher, so I can't use the bathroom, first of all. Secondly, I'd be in the bathroom at least once an hour if I did it. I've never been identified in my life as being dehydrated or shown any symptoms of being so, except if you go by pee color. I try to push myself to drink more, but I just end up gagging on it.... Anyone else have that issue?*LOL*

Shannon