body building programs for females..

Options
crsportsman1
crsportsman1 Posts: 22 Member
I been going with the flow in the gym, eye balling it. I need to get on a program to help me get better success & results. Any suggestions please?
I'm 5'5
Toned body
looking to gain mass without losing abs.

Replies

• CodyQuinlan
    CodyQuinlan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5x5 80% of 1 rep max for compounds squat deadlift military press and bench. Combine in with a few isolation movements after. So like for back days I'll do deadlifts and weighted pull ups first as they are compound movement and then follow it with lat pull downs and cable rows for isolations
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I like PHUL but I really like power lifting and feel that my hypertrophy training benefits from it. Anyway, it's super easy to follow. Power day for upper and lower, hypertrophy day for upper and lower.
  • twinsbabyweight
    twinsbabyweight Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Thinner, Leaner, Stronger by Mike Matthews. I love the results so far. His website is muscleforlife.com. It has some good articles.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    OP did you pick a program?
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Here's one my wife has used with good results: https://imgur.com/DrFEF8P

You can go to exrx.net for details and animations of the various exercises.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Bret Contreras' Strong Curves programs
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would like to try the coolcicada program at some point.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    any program for a man that meets your goal will meet yours as well. Weight lifting isn't gender specific.
  • crsportsman1
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    any program for a man that meets your goal will meet yours as well. Weight lifting isn't gender specific.

I know, I just want more female "friends" on here haha

• crsportsman1
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I use "men's programs". PHAT and PHUL provided some great results. I also am a competitor, so I'm not terrified of size. Women's programs are usually full of fluff and target the butt while trying to keep the waist small.
  • crsportsman1
    Options
    I probably should have left the female part out, because in my reality I only use male demo workout vids. I don't watch female workout videos or look up their workouts. Naturally I prefer male. So when I mentioned "females" I was really trying to get advice from females, and how they liked a program they used since women build muscle slower then men. But thanks!
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I use "men's programs". PHAT and PHUL provided some great results. I also am a competitor, so I'm not terrified of size. Women's programs are usually full of fluff and target the butt while trying to keep the waist small.

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Women shouldn't lift heavy weights.......they will get all bulky and stuff................ :trollface:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting programs are gender neutral.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    my two cents..PHUL + calorie surplus of 250 calories...

oh, and accept that you are going to gain some fat and your abs may disappear...that is the nature of bulking...
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason's Live Fit on BB.com is great. BB has tons of programs you can look through, find the one that suits you best.
  • saraheve42
    saraheve42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also use Mike Matthews "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger" and his workout journal with an entire year worth of workouts. It's called The Year One Challenge. Very simple and I'm seeing steady progress. I love having a plan and a way to track my lifts.
  • WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    saraheve42 wrote: »
    I also use Mike Matthews "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger" and his workout journal with an entire year worth of workouts. It's called The Year One Challenge. Very simple and I'm seeing steady progress. I love having a plan and a way to track my lifts.

+1 for Mike Matthews's programs.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I like Strong Lifts plus pullups. Nearing a year and loving the results.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OP this post is a bit old and surfing around back to the top of the forums...

What did you choose to do?