up 1.6 lbs after starting to....

Options
.... work out again.
I started going to the gym again after not going for quite sometime and I'm up 1.6 lbs! wth?!?
Wasn't expecting that :(
Has this ever happened to anyone?

Replies

• skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yep been there. Don't get discouraged. Keep tracking your foods, drink lots of water, and keep working out. It will come off :)
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are most likely retaining fluid and your body is going through the transition of burning muscle while still holding onto fat. Muscle will burn/replace the fat and soon it will all even out and you should start losing again.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Very common actually. WHen you change or re-start a routine the muscles get a little shock which causes them to retain the first day or two. You rbody wants to make sure its still going to get nutrients to power the new routine before it lets go of everything
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This has always happened to me. When I was young I was a swimmer. At my healthiest I was a size 4 and 132 lbs during swim season and a size 6 and 128 pounds off swim season. Remember, one square inch of muscle weighs more than one square inch of fat. Some times it's better to gauge things by inches instead of pounds.
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks everyone... makes me feel a little better lol