Stuck on Sticking with THE PLAN

Options
Why do so many diets come and go and fail for the most part? The answer was revealed this week to me, the hard way, is that I am not being totally honest recording EVERYTHING I eat. This means that handful of chips, M and M's, nuts or pretzel snacks, that innocent slice of turkey, that single bite of a cookie, that teeny tiny snack sized candy bar. It all adds up. When I am totally honest with recording my daily intake, I am shocked. I'm thankful this site makes it so easy to record any amount of any food but I could really use some encouragement. I'm struggling with the exercise part too. I find I'm exercising just so that I can eat more. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Replies

• gcox31750
    gcox31750 Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree with you stuck on Sticking if you arent going to be honest with yourself why even keep account of what you eat. I find that i exercise longer so i dont worry about going over my calorie count seems like a win win to me
  • soundjunkie
    soundjunkie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to just try to record my food for the day as accurately as humanly possible and skip recording the exercise which just seems to license me to eat more and see what happens. Losing more weight than planned isn't such a bad thing.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain! I've really struggled with both those issues! One thing I decided to do is to not use the calories given for exercise. I still record it, I just dont allow myself to use the "bonus" calories. I'm trying to remind myself all the time that cheating the system only cheats me and thinking about how bad I REALLY DO want to meet those goals. I'll try to do better at encouraging you too. It's seriously no fun to feel like you're going in alone.

And, you're aware of the areas that are a struggle! Being aware is probably more than you used to be! Step in the right direction! Woot woot!