Eyelashes

This may sound silly, but could I have more eyelashes due to better nutrition? Anyone experience this?

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Hmm, strange question. I have no idea. But I do notice that since I have been making it a point to get more protein in my diet every day, my hair has started growing faster and is silkier.
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    If you are getting more of the vitamins and minerals you need on a daily basis, your hair, skin, and nails will all benefit. Your hair may seem thicker and fuller - including eyelashes and eyebrows.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    I would imagine eyelashes would fall into the hair/skin/nails group of improvement with better nutrition. So it is possible or you could just be regrowing some that had fallen out.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Results that you can actually see? Doubtful
  • Jindeed
    Jindeed Posts: 22 Member
    Can't say I've noticed a difference, and my eyelashes are pretty sparse. The only thing that made them noticeably longer (although not by much) was when I was using olive oil to take off my eye makeup.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Anything that feeds your bodies natural functions will generate improvement in health and appearance. For example, I saw a distinct improvement in my skin when I increased my protein intake and really started hydrating. Hair growth and texture could definitely improve, which includes your eyelashes. You might not grow all new eyelashes but you may regrow some that fell out or the ones you have may be thicker and fuller giving the appearance of more.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    I think so. I did an intense 50-days of Whole30 during which I ate lots of veggies (ridiculous amounts, it was awesome), healthy fats, lots of good quality meats,fruit, nuts, no preservatives or sweeteners (no artificial or natural sweeteners), etc. I commented to my sister that I was certain my lashes were longer and thicker.

Of course I had no proof. But as a female who applied mascara daily and gets an up close look at her lashes, I feel pretty confident saying that they had indeed improved. And the only change had been my diet increasing in nutrient rich foods. So.... :)

• dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Thanks all. I also think mine have gotten fuller- for sure- and it was kind of a worry for me, they were so thin. Thanks for input!!!
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    I condition mine with castor oil every night and it does wonders, but of course a clean diet will benefit more than just lashes.