Put on weight but still fit into same dress size

Options
I'm confused. Since Christmas i have gradually put on 10lbs. I feel bigger, and it has completely ruined by confidence. I had lots 60lb and was much more confident with what i wore etc, but now im finding that i am intentionally wearing things that hide my figure instead of show it off. I feel huge. I keep loosing a couple lb, then it goes right back on again. My friends say look no different and i still fit into the same dress size. im finding it confusing as to why the scales wont shift back down and yet my dress size isnt going up.

Replies

• kvwalton30
    kvwalton30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is that unusual to put on 10lbs and fit into the same clothes. A while ago I put on 14lbs and still fitted into many (although not all) of my clothes from when I was smaller. It depends on how tightly fitted the clothes are... But I felt better and more comfortable when I lost the weight....
    In terms of why the scales won't shift back down - what are you doing to track your calorie intake? Unless you are in a calorie deficit you will not lose weight... Maybe you just need to regroup and figure out the calorie intake you need to lose and then start tracking...
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I fit into the same size jeans as I did 20 pounds heavier. They just fit and feel a lot better now.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I lost two sizes in a 10 pound range, but that was in pants, I haven't thought to replace any of my dresses because they have more give to them. The real and only question is where are you comfortable with your weight? If it is 10 pounds lighter and you have lost 60 before than you know what you have to do.
  • QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah the dress fits, but do you look the same in it is the question.
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    First kudos on 60lb lost! The rest will also go away soon.
    What BMI are you at? I read somewhere that everyone's body has an ideal weight and once you reach that you get into the yo-yo pattern that you described.
    Other explanation could be if you change your workout routine? If you added strength training, or even a different type of cardio you could be building muscles, it could explain some of that weight.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    hiker583 wrote: »
    Did you change your workout routine? If you added strength training, or even a different type of cardio you could be building muscles, though 10lb is a lot for that.

This.

Also, make sure your scales aren't borked.