Milestone!

Options
kheavin0928
kheavin0928 Posts: 21 Member
A little over a year ago I had an apartment fire that destroyed literally everything I owed. My fiance (boyfriend at the time) and I had to jump out of our second story window in the middle of the night to get out, with only the clothes on our backs. As you can imagine it was a slightly stressful time for the two of us, but we made it through. Because of the fire we naturally had to go clothes shopping, and being a teacher, I had to shop for dress clothes and regular clothes-- not a fun task when you have limited time to buy an entire new wardrobe. Well, long story short, I bought several pairs of dress pants and jeans. Over the next few months following the fire I began to put on some more weight since I was out of my workout routine and we were frequently eating out. We were in the process of working on fixing up a house to make it livable and were unable to buy groceries. So all those new pants I bought became snug, and I was eventually unable to wear them, even with only about a 10-15 pound weight gain. Well, this morning, I tried them on just to see, and although the dress pants are just a smidgen too snug to wear comfortably, I can actually button them!! AND, one of my favorite pairs of capris fit comfortably and are not the slightest bit snug! *Happy Dance* It never ceases to amaze me how losing just a few pounds really can make a difference in how you look and feel. Good luck to the rest of you, and I hope you all keep at it to reach those milestones!! :)

Replies

• ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! way to go!!!! comfy clothes are wonderful!!!
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about the fire, but congratulations on your milestone. That's a great feeling!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very exciting!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about everything. What great news that you can fit into your outfits again. Yeah! Congratulations! :)
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    doing **happy dance** with you!! :) congrats on your victory to getting those clothes back! That's great! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • otranquility
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the fire but happy that things are starting to look up!
    Congrats on the milestone!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you must be getting life back in order now though. Just think, soon the snug pants may be too big and you will have to buy some smaller ones.
  • tkay72
    tkay72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats, on the clothes, sorry to hear of your fire. Losing any amount of weight always feel so great.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    "Happy Dance" is right!! Sorry to hear about the fire, but you are doing great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!