Hungry and No Energy

Options
I'm in my 6th week of my journey. I've lost 7-8 lbs. 25 more to go.
I'm in a lull. All I want to do is eat eat eat and I have no energy to work out. No motivation. I want to. I'll even start my workout and then I psyche myself out and quit. It's the longest I've ever gone in any attempt to lose weight. But I know I am not done yet...I don't want to give up. I just need to re-amp'd. Anyone have any advice.
TIA

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you currently on? Also, we need your stats (age, height, gender, weight, activity level).
    Have you cut any foods out?
    Do yo drink enough water and get enough sleep?
    Are you currently stressed out?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    JJMC00 wrote: »
    I'm in my 6th week of my journey. I've lost 7-8 lbs. 25 more to go.
    I'm in a lull. All I want to do is eat eat eat and I have no energy to work out. No motivation. I want to. I'll even start my workout and then I psyche myself out and quit. It's the longest I've ever gone in any attempt to lose weight. But I know I am not done yet...I don't want to give up. I just need to re-amp'd. Anyone have any advice.
    TIA

How long have you felt this way? Are you close to starting your period? Many women feel extra hungry and/or tired at that point in their cycles. There are a few ways of managing this. For the extra hunger, consider adding back calories for a few days. Eating 100 or 200 calories above your weight loss goal, or even at maintenance, for 2-3 days could prevent and all out over the top binge. If you are extremely tired, take a day off working out and take a nap or sleep in. Or split it and do an abbreviated workout plus a short nap or just go to bed earlier for a few days if at all possible.
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You may also be missing something in your diet if you're tired all the time.

I'm iron deficient (to the point where I can't donate blood) and I know when I forget my iron pills for a few days in a row, I feel very tired and don't have the energy to work out.
  • JJMC00
    JJMC00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'll get it checked out
  • JJMC00
    Options
    Thank you for replies.
    My other stats are 5'. 36. Female. My activity level is pretty high these days. I'm a busy mom of two.
    I just over a week of my cycle. Kind of when cravings hit I guess. Lol
    Last month I was able to keep them at bay and maybe allow a treat only one day not craving like this.
    I cut down on my carbs. I try to keep them around 160g or lower per day. Sugars I cut way back on. Been watching my fat grams as well all through the help of myfitnesspal. I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred videos but also mixing is up with her kickboxing and pop Pilates. I do take a rest day every 3-4 days. I haven't worked out at all this week. Like I mentioned before. I would start my video and be burned out after warm up and just quit :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You might be eating too little too. People often end up picking 'lose 2 pounds a week', which can be too aggressive, especially if they are not eating exercise calories back.
  • JJMC00
    Options
    I've been meeting my calorie intake. 1310 sometimes a little less (not by much) or a little more (no more than 1,400) I eat every 2-3 hours.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back any of your exercise calories?
    MFP is set up in a way that it gives you tour deficit based on your daily activities, no need to exercise.
    If you do exercise you are supposed to log and eat back those calories. Because MFP tends to overestimate the burn it is best to eat back 50-75% initially and adjust so you are losing at your desired rate.

It sounds as though you may be under nourishing your body. Your exercise routine is leaving you with not enough energy for daily life.

Your goal, with 25lbs to lose should be .5-1 lbs a week, plus exercise calories.
    Aiming for a higher loss will compromise muscle retention, at the very least.

Carbs and sugars do not matter, unless there is a medical condition. All that matters is the correct calorie deficit. One that allows you to lose weight while maintaining good health.

Cheers, h.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Do not cut your fat way low. Fat is essential for proper hormone function. I aim for a *minimum* of .4 g per lb.of bodyweight in fat each day.
  • JJMC00
    Options
    MFP has me at a 44g/per day for fat. I have to be careful of my carbs how my body stores that as far and sugars too. I'm not eliminating them entirely. I just know the more I eat carbs and sugars the more it makes me hungry. I'm also trying to stop eating fruit past 2pm cause of how my body stores even the natural sugars as fat.

I do eat back my calories after exercise. I log in my workout and it deducts those calories. I sometimes don't get them all back I have maybe 30-40 calories left. Sometimes 90. It fluctuates depending on what time I worked out.
    My husband thinks I'm being hard on myself and just need to be patient. Lol. That's not my middle name.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    JJMC00 wrote: »
    My husband thinks I'm being hard on myself and just need to be patient. Lol. That's not my middle name.

This isn't a sprint. It's a marathon. Listen to your husband. :)