MMM did someone say butterfly basil chicken for dinner?!!

Options
HunnieM
HunnieM Posts: 37
Butterfly basil chicken recipe;

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil , divided
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of ground black pepper
4 boneless & skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons of basil
2 (i used 1) medium zucchini cut into 1/8- inch-thick rounds
8 ounces of farfalline (tiny bow shaped pasta) [to make it more healthier use whole wheat pasta]
parsley for garnish

DIRECTIONS:

1. bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons of the oil, the balsamic vinegar, and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside

2. one at a time pound the chicken breast with a meat pounder or rolling pin (i used my fists) until the meat is about 1/2 inch thick. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and the chopped basil on both sides.

3. heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides and the chicken feels firm when pressed in the center, 10-12 mins. Transfer to a plate and tent with aluminum foil and keep warm.

4. add the remaining table spoon of oil to the skillet and heat over high heat. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.

5. meanwhile add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Drain well.

6. divide the pasta among 4 deep soup bowls. top each with a chicken breast half, and then equal amounts of the zucchini. Drizzle each serving with the balsamic vinegar mixture. Sprinkle with the parsley.

7. OPTIONAL: I decided to also sprinkle mozzarella-Parmesan cheese on top.

(recipe from teresa giudice’s fabulicious cook book! I recommend to the fullest! :smile: )

Replies

• jiggly23
    jiggly23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Sound yummy!! Thanks for sharing.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish.....I don't eat pasta, but I would try this on the grill. Grill the Zucchinni as well and maybe serve the dressing over the zucchini instead of the pasta :) Thanks for a great idea.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Sounds awesome.... what is the nutritional value for this meal? Is it listed in the food data base. I'm always looking for a nice meal to cook for the family and this is great!
  • HunnieM
    HunnieM Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi, I'm not sure about the nutritional value because i have only cooked it once and I try not to count calories, but you can always add it up as you are cooking. Although the ingredients in this recipe are pretty healthy :smile:
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    bump!